Oh Dear Me (silly mistake regarding Surefire Fury)

AusKipper

Enlightened
So I have been putting off buying a Surefire for a very very long time (due to them being so spendy), anyway, last night I finally decided to take the plunge and ordered myself a Surefire Fury P2X Defender and the V85 holster.

Then today I do a double check... the P2X has a fatter bezel and isn't going to fit into the V85...

So now I just ordered a Surefire 6PX Defender that will fit.

My poor poor wallet :( (and i'm supposed to be in super saver mode no more torches too, and i just spend $300 on the blessed things!!)

Anyway, no more torches till the end of the year I think this means.

880arm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds suspicious. So you expect us to believe you when you say you didn't realize the Fury would fit that holster? :thinking:

Actually, that sounds pretty good to me. I may have to use it myself. Thanks for sharing!!!

AusKipper

Enlightened
Sounds suspicious. So you expect us to believe you when you say you didn't realize the Fury would fit that holster? :thinking:

Actually, that sounds pretty good to me. I may have to use it myself. Thanks for sharing!!!

Did you notice that was post number 666 did you :devil::devil:

But no, i was originally going to get the 6px and then i checked the holster fitted etc, then at the last minute i noticed the Fury (its new since i last went on the surefire website) and had a sudden change of mind (over double the lumens for $30 more, how could I not) but i didnt go back and re-check the holster to make sure it fitted then Fury :(

Oh well, whats done is done, now I get to say I have 2 Surefires :p

My other 1/2 (who would normally tell me off) is on on overseas holiday that is costing much more then my 2 torches so.... I should be safe!

AusKipper

Enlightened
Well I'll be darned, got everything today (had to come on the slow boat from USA) and the Fury actually does kind of fit anyway!!!

It doesnt slide right to the bottom and kind of "lock" in, but at least while both things are new it does hold snug enough for me (you can hold it upside down and it doesnt fall out, but with a bit of a shake it will come out)

Tail first it fits fine. (as does my 4Sevens 123^2 Turbo X Neutral, tail first)

Grizzly22

Newly Enlightened
I was looking at their website about the same thing you ordered. Does the P2X Fury have a holster that it fits? I didn't seem to find one on their website at quick glance.

AusKipper

Enlightened
I was looking at their website about the same thing you ordered. Does the P2X Fury have a holster that it fits? I didn't seem to find one on their website at quick glance.

Not bezel down by the looks of it. The tail down holsters (i.e. V70) say they fit it though.

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Okay...you should have bought another holster, and not another flashlight. You were confused, so you are excused...LOL :)

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast
AusKipper!! Tell us what you think man!!

Now that you've probably caught the SureFire bug.. go ahead and get yourself another, like the uhh ohh I don't know L4, M6, E2DL, M3, LX2, M4, E1B, R1, etc

wvusoldier217

Newly Enlightened
Did the same thing. 5 min with a dermal and it fits like a glove. This will work until one that is designed to fit comes out. Just go slow and test it every few passes. Good luck

AusKipper

Enlightened
AusKipper!! Tell us what you think man!!

Now that you've probably caught the SureFire bug.. go ahead and get yourself another, like the uhh ohh I don't know L4, M6, E2DL, M3, LX2, M4, E1B, R1, etc

I love it, but I still think the chinese made lights are better value. I havnt caught the Surefire bug :) I havnt really been buying many lights recently though went and brought a bigger house and now I have a mortgage again lol.....

AusKipper

Enlightened
Did the same thing. 5 min with a dermal and it fits like a glove. This will work until one that is designed to fit comes out. Just go slow and test it every few passes. Good luck

I have been carrying it around now every day for 7 months and never had an issue with it only being "1/2 in"

Still friction fits in there tight enough :)

Still if it ever loosens up on me i'll take a look at dremmeling it out a little (though where i'll find a dremmel to borrow is another thing)