What got kicked out of your pocket, and what replaced it?

hawk45

Newly Enlightened
What light got kicked out of your pocket, and what replaced it?

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
I rotate through a few lights listed below. Right now it's the ShiningBeam I-mini with a 16340, a Xeno E03 NW with a 14500 and the SWM V10R with 16340. I'll fiddle with each for a few days and then bump the batteries back up, put it on the shelf and grab another.

Chris

nbp

Flashaholic
Lots of EDC changes over the years. The most definite change was the swap from HDS Clicky to McGizmo Haiku as primary EDC light. I have been carrying the Haiku every day for over a year now.

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
H51w out in favor of a Quark AAX. 2 reasons - ZLs out of warranty already, so I thought I'd "save" it from the extra wear and tear, and I started using 14500s.

RobertM

Flashlight Enthusiast
My primary EDC used to be a SureFire E1B which I carried regularly for 2.5 years. It was then replaced by my HDS EDC High CRI which I've been regularly carrying for close to 2 years now (since Aug. 2010).

Last edited:

Evltcat

Newly Enlightened
Oh boy, you had to ask....

Found CPF...
Streamlight ProTac 1AA was replaced with a Fenix PD32.

Reads CPF more...
Fenix PD32 was replaced with Sunwayman V10R Ti.

Reads more CPF....
Sunwayman V10R Ti was replaced with HDS E120 Clicky.

Reads more and more CPF....
HDS E120 Clicky moved to pocket as backup/more light level choices light and Malkoff MD2 M61 High/Low goes on belt.

Keeps reading CPF...
Hunting for HDS E200 Clicky to Replace HDS E120 Clicky and move the E120 to nightstand/ gun duty. Buys Malkoff MD2 with Nichia 219 M61 High/Low to rotate with standard MD2.

Still reading CPF! :D

nbp

Flashaholic
gunga said:
Do you still have your clicky? Can you say why you swapped?

Yeah I have two Clickies and two Twisties.

Here is the thread that I started that sent me down the Haiku path.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?315076-McGizmo-s-Record-For-Reliability

You can also read my Haiku review in my sigline.

Basically, I love the Clicky but the complex electronics proved flakey in a couple situations for me. Both my other Clickies had to be replaced and a Ti Clicky fixed. I know my situation is unusual, but I was a little gun-shy after all that and needed a change.

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
my first stable edc was a high cri clicky, carried it exclusively for awhile.
then sunwayman v10r ti.
now i have a few surefire L1 for EDC. perfection :D

fyrstormer

Banned
I started out carrying an Arc AAA. It worked well until I lost it. Then I got a Fenix P1D, which worked well until I discovered the Arc6. I carried the Arc6 until I bought a last-run McGizmo LS20. Carried the LS20 until I got a Haiku. Carried the Haiku until Jetbeam released the TC-R2. Going from a McGizmo to a Jetbeam might seem like a downgrade, but the infinitely-adjustable control ring was such a huge UI improvement I didn't care. I like the way the TC-R2 is styled, anyway; some might say it lacks design unity, because it has smooth bits and scalloped bits and crenelated bits and pineapple-knurled bits, but I like the fact that it has all my favorite textures in a single light. :D Makes it easier for me to satisfy my desire to admire pretty things while I'm sitting at work all day.

allyourblood

Newly Enlightened
Replaced my Foursevens QTLC with an Olight T10/T15, but only 'cause it's newer. Eventually I'll rotate between the QTLC and the T10, I imagine.

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Aeon for an Arc AAA. It rides well in my swim trunks. Yes I carry a light even while swimming!

chenko

Enlightened
Quark Mini AA was ditched because of the rather stupid twisty action needed to change the modes, which made it ssloooww to use and made for an unfriendly one-handed operation. Replaced with a throwier, warmer-tinted clicky Xeno E03 and never regretted the switch.

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast
Girlfriend's key, replaced with free time and spending money. For much the same reason's that Chenko replaced his Quark.
I'll consider a throwier, warm tinted, clicky GF in the future.

Last edited:

Bl@ckR0ck

Newly Enlightened
My Lummi Wee Ti is back in it's case.

The new Lummi Raw Ti Limited Edition just showed up and took center stage. Beautiful.

CMAG

Enlightened
Girlfriend's key, replaced with free time and spending money. For much the same reason's that Chenko replaced his Quark.
I'll consider a throwier, warm tinted, clicky GF in the future.
:laughing:

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have kind of come full circle back to where I started, sizewise. Started years ago with a Solitare, went to an Inova X1, went to a Fenix L1T, went to a Fenix P1D, went to a Fenix L0PSE which is the same basic size as the Solitare and have been there for going on 5 years? 5 years thereabouts, think occasionally of going to an L0D but the L0P works gret still so why bother.

For my jacket light it has come basically full circle too, it was Maglight Minimag 2 AAA to Nuwai (something), to Inova X01, to Inova X5 to Streamlight Stylus Pro, to 4/7s Preon 2 another 2 AAA light which has been in residence for 2 years plus now.

Last edited: