Sunwayman Logo is very similar to old Hitatchi flashlights one!

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
look at what a fellow Greek flashaholic found....

dsc9427l.jpg

Any chance they are related????
Or does this logo depict soemthing known in the Orient?

eye candy....

dsc9418t.jpg

dsc9413.jpg

Tsujigiri

Newly Enlightened
Picture isn't showing up for me, but it's probably a JIS logo, which was used to indicate a Japanese product's conformance to certain quality standards (well beyond the scope of just flashlights). I believe it's still used, but the current logo is a little different. When I first saw the Sunwayman logo, I immediately thought of that quality mark, but I couldn't find anything about the story behind it with searches, so I have no idea why SWM would choose that particular logo.

derfyled

Flashlight Enthusiast
Picture isn't showing up for me, but it's probably a JIS logo, which was used to indicate a Japanese product's conformance to certain quality standards (well beyond the scope of just flashlights). I believe it's still used, but the current logo is a little different. When I first saw the Sunwayman logo, I immediately thought of that quality mark, but I couldn't find anything about the story behind it with searches, so I have no idea why SWM would choose that particular logo.

You're right, that's exactly it, a JIS logo. There's an example here: http://www.righthanddrive.ca/blog/tag/jis/