Which emitter is currently used for HDS 120 lumen High CRI?

Espionage Studio

Enlightened
I wrote customer service to inquire, this is all I got back so far "We do not advertise emitters - we advertise specifications. Even the best brand name emitters have bad bins and so providing the brand name would tell you very little about the quality of the light." I'm taking matters into my own hands and asking here, I'm sure you guys know. Thanks in advance!

Hondo

Flashlight Enthusiast
My older "legacy" high CRI is a Seoul. No one has received a high CRI HDS light this year as far as I know, so I don't think anyone will know until the first one is delivered. I can't remember for sure if the last ones out before the loss of the machine shop were Cree XP-G's, but that is what comes to mind. Someone will confirm shortly.

I think before long, my new 120 model is going to get it's Osram GD booted for a Nichia 219 high CRI. After a bit of reading, it looks a bit tougher than the old pre-Novatac lights, but I think I can handle it fine.

Espionage Studio

Enlightened
I was going buy one, I was darn close to pulling the trigger soon. I didn't realize that they were not shipping, I will be dipped. Thanks for the info!

choombak

Enlightened
Cree XP-G it is. Ordered Oct 2011, received May 2012.

hds_xpg_hcri.jpg

Last edited: