NEW sf X-200 led weaponlight

bwcaw

Enlightened
I just got my latest issue of guns and ammo, and on the front cover there is a kimber with the new surefire x-200 mounted under the dust cover. Does anybody have any info on this sweet little light? It looks smaller than any weaponlight sf has made to date, and I am wondering if it is just baisically an L4 in a different form factor. Maybe one of our SF "testers" has one that they will post pics of.

Size15's

Flashaholic
The X200 does not use the KL4 bezel.
Other forums had obtained & posted limited info on this yet to be released model. It is suggested to be 67 Lumens from two SF123As for over an hour. Retail (list) $195.
The release date is suggested to be about the same time as ROTK.

I don't have a handgun but believe me I will be getting one.

Al

Size15's

Flashaholic
I guess it is very, very difficult. Perhaps if I was issued one for my job...
This is not a topic for this thread. Please start one in the Cafe if you'd like to continue this topic.

Al

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since Al says the x-200 does not use the KL4 head, i wonder if the beam characteristics of this light will be different than the L4.

I wonder if Surefire has modified the beam to make it narrower, and more suitable for tactical use. The L4 is great for close combat, but i doubt it is good for combat past 50 feet or so.

I hope more information will be released soon. This is the first Luxeon light i have seen that is directly manufactured for tactical use.