Inova X1

jtice

Flashaholic
Yes that is a completely fake beam pic.

Although, that IS the beam pattern the X1 has.
It has NO spill light, and is very focused.

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
It looks like this, on the standard TRS beam profile target:

inovax1beamclose.jpg

Not perfectly even, but good enough. And yes, no side spill at all!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Dukester

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Chris M. said:
It looks like this, on the standard TRS beam profile target:

Not perfectly even, but good enough. And yes, no side spill at all!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, I was not aware of this review. I agree, the beam shot is good enough. For the amount of money for a regulated light it is hard to beat!

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have not yet been able to determine for myself if the light is properly regulated or not - still no time and not enough equipment to start my run tests! An informal test with a bench meter simulating the battery showed a small window of almost flat output, but I don`t know how that translates to light output over time with a real battery.

I would be interested to see other peoples results - especially when Roy gets hold of one.

BTW that beamshot is an enlargement of the center of the target. To compare it to other lights in my reviews, this is the normal beamshot. Rather a narrow beam:

inovax1beam.jpg

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can someone tell me why (not how) they have such a tight, gathered beam in this light? It seems useless to me for navigating, and if you want to spot something at distance, there are better choices than a single LED. I'm just not seeing the application for which this was intended.

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
Just ordered one...should have it next week! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

DumboRAT

Enlightened
Phaser,

I'm hoping that my X1 (black body), with red LED, will be a perfect covert map-reader for wargaming.

=)

Hopefully, it won't be too bright, and it will have just that narrow beam/nil spill as Chris reported. If so, I'll have found the perfect light for my specific needs.

=)

Allen
aka DumboRAT

batterystation

Enlightened
I know it has a lense that helps tighten the beam. I have not seen one yet in person. They are all over ebay though for $18 each. Might have to try one out.

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just ordered a couple from CountyComm for $20 each and $6 shipping for both ($46 total or $23.00 each including shipping).

I never heard from the outfit I placed pre-orders with. Oh well, better for me that I didn't. I'm saving about a $1.95 per light.

I ordered both a silver/white and a silver/green.

As soon as they arrive I'll ship one to the fellah that makes the sheaths for my knives. I'm having him make leather, slip-fit, belt sheaths for them, one in black leather and one in russet.

BC

Hank Zudd

Newly Enlightened
I just picked one up from County Comm yesterday. Yes, it's very tight & probably not you first choice for floodlight type work in close, but damm I can find 1000's of useful applications for this light. it's small enough I carry it & my ARC LS rev1 both when working at night (Bridge construction). espically like it uses AA's as I have a ton of rechargeables. Very much worth the price. BTW, if your within even an hours drive, it's worth it to visit their store in person. Then you get to play with all the stuff on their site & compare all the lights they offer. Plus they're just nice guys! I bought some binos for $40.00 I didn't even know they sold, but they're awesome! Definetly worth a visit. pm

Dukester

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Severe said:
I would really enjoy seeing a review on the x1. Would be interested to find out if it is regulated. Severe

[/ QUOTE ]

According to their Companies HomePage it is. The following quote I pulled from their website.

"Powerful performance — The X1 projects a uniform circular beam up to 60' and offers up to 1-mile signal visibility. Power regulating circuitry provides maximum, non-dimming brightness for up to 10 hours."

Or better yet see http://www.inovalight.com/site.html?X1-ov
and read description...

Bill.H

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Severe said:
I would really enjoy seeing a review on the x1. Would be interested to find out if it is regulated. Severe

[/ QUOTE ] See this.

road__kill

Newly Enlightened
I picked up a few of these today. Very tight, narrow beam. Looks to be made with the same quality as the X5.

Kevin Tan

Enlightened
Just ordered mine along with the Sonic from Roger at www.knifeworks.com . Ordering from the States for me is a pita because alot ( most ) of the dealers that carry cool lights and knives do not ship overseas or do not accept credit cards. Now have to wait at least a week for them to arrive!! And dont even think of getting me started o the shipping costs!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif