Does anybody know if there was ever a different model of the Olight SR90?

Oztorchfreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am not asking about the SR91, SR92 etc but some slight changes that might have been made to the SR90 only.

I hear whisperings about an earlier model SR90 but I cannot confirm it.

How can I you tell whether the model I have is so called "old" or a "new" version of the SR90?

I am just interested in how much difference there would be in using the earlier SR90 and a newer manufactured one, mine is less than 12 months old.

Cheers

rdrfronty

Enlightened
It appears that there has been some improvements in the SST90 bin for the SR90's from its introduction through the newest models. Some owners of earlier models have tested their SR90 in the 1400-1500 lumen range and some more recent owners, lhave tested their SR90 in the 2000 lumen range. It could just be a variance in the SST90's though versus new and old. I've never heard of any official changes by Olight though.

Oztorchfreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
It appears that there has been some improvements in the SST90 bin for the SR90's from its introduction through the newest models. Some owners of earlier models have tested their SR90 in the 1400-1500 lumen range and some more recent owners, lhave tested their SR90 in the 2000 lumen range. It could just be a variance in the SST90's though versus new and old. I've never heard of any official changes by Olight though.

Thanks for your input.

I will have to find someone with a light meter, but then how would I test a spotlight with a beam that tight and at what distance do yo put the light meter etc.

It is all a bit of a headache to me!!

Cheers