How many lights do you pack for an out of town Wedding?

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Heading to two weddings just south of Calgary and in down there for a week because ones this Saturday and ones next Saturday and just so we are clear on how much of a flashaholic I am, I packed more flashlights than I did shirts ;)
How many flashlights would you pack for a week with friends and family?

Mr460mag

Newly Enlightened
I would take minimum 3. My Fenix E05 on the keychain goes everywere with me, always. A 4sevens mini cr2 NW in my jacket. And the Zebralight sc600 in my backpack. If i travel by car it would be 4 lights. In my car i always have a 4sevens mini 123 in a Fenix headband. Ohh I almost forgot the Fenix E01 backup light in my backpack:) Lithium batterys in the aaa lights for minimum weight and maximum runtime. If you`re not always prepared, you`re never prepared:)

Last edited:

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
You've gotta tell us what you packed as well as how many.

A week away on my own or with the whole family?

OK here goes:

On my own:

EDC's - Neck lanyard - Peak Logan QTC
Front pocket LHS - SF E1e modded 3xXPG three level blaster
Front pocket RHS - mostly spares and keys - ARC AAA, Fenix E05 and Klarus MIX5
Belt - Tomahawk LE
Jacket - SUNWAYMAN V11r
Shoulder bag or daypack - Thrunite Scorpion, Klarus XT20, couple more single 123A lights
Case - chargers and spares - possibly a big light like Fenix TK45 or Olight SR51

If family coming I'll take several 2AA lights like Fenix LD20 or 4Sevens Quark.

If camping then a couple of headlamps - Zebra SC31 and Fenix HP20.

What did you pack?

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm heading 3000km away next week for a wedding. I'll not pack any extra lights, so I'll have my normal kit:

Quark Preon HCRI on my keys
Mac's Tri-EDC HCRI in my pocket
Mac's 3300L HCRI and Quark AA Ti HCRI in my day pack

And a full set of spare batteries and charger for all all in my pack.

buds224

Enlightened
I have most of my lights in a Maxpedition Fatty Pocket Organizer. Living in a Navy Base in Yokosuka, Japan, I take my entire collection whenever we go out in town, even for a day.

I would do the same for a week out for weddings. :grin2:

fyrstormer

Banned
Primary EDC: Jetbeam TC-R2
Backup EDC: Muyshondt Ti Aeon
Night Vision EDC: McGizmo Sapphire

...and maybe a spare to loan to someone. And an extra set of batteries. But that's all, and that's pretty much what I carry every day anyway. If the Zombie Apocalypse happens while I'm out of town, having a ton of flashlights won't do me any good anyway. I bring what I can comfortably carry and reasonably use, which is the most that can possibly be helpful in any situation not involving the Sun burning out.

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not including what is normally carried in the car or truck I would probably take two, my L0PSE and my Preon in my jacket. IF I TOOK my jacket, in this weather probably no leather jacket so only one, with a spare battery probably.

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok so the list goes like this;
Preon PO and Fenix E05 are the keychain lights I brought out.
My edc is an Hds120 modded with a Nichia219, it's backup is a Zebralight sc600
(there here cause I started driving right from work)
My hds120 hi cri which is my non work light for going out.
SWM V10r Ti with Nichia and a V11r hi cri for night duty with baby
Quark Aa2 hi cri and a Quark AA nuetral for loners ( wife lights )
ultrafire HD2010 XML for around the campfire wow light as its direct drive on high with 40-50k Lux depending on the battery. Keygos M10 just so that I can see the hd2010 beat it in throw ;)

I think that makes 11 lights in all :eek:oo: I hope we have a campfire at the acerage or I overpacked :D

ScaryFatKidGT

Enlightened
So like 8? Lol I would probably only bring like 5 depending on how many people wanted to use one. There are people on here that EDC that many.

Lets see iTP A3 Ti and Quark 123^2 X on me then my TK35 and my TN31 just for fun and maybe my V10R Ti to swap with my Quark if it got old (I could pla with the mag ring for hours) I'm more of the guy that will pack extra li-ions and a solar charger and enough CR123's for it to be night the whole seven days.

I just had a 4 day camping trip and didn't need to change batterys once haha I forget that people generally sleep at night so my flashlights weren't used 8houres a day/night as expected.

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would pack as many lights and batteries as I can carry.
If I don't take enough with me I end up buying more lights. :eek:oo:

OCD

Enlightened
I've been pondering this exact question. In two weeks I will be going out of state with all the in-laws (all in one big rental van!) for a wedding. My EDC's are a Maratac AAA SS and an HDS 200 clicky - so there's 2. I will also take my RRT-0 (with extender) and my Quark 2xAA Turbo. So that's 4. I will probably end up bringing 5 as I'll probably go ahead and throw my EagleTac P100C2 in for the fun of it.

That brings me to batteries..............

Last edited:

hoffmyster86

Newly Enlightened
no need to pack one.. its in the pocket already with the big un lol oh and the head gear.(batteries, hmmm how many can you get in there?)

Mikeg23

Enlightened
Recently went on a short trip to NC. Basically drove 10 hours there, at night, stayed for a day and then drove ten hours back, at night. I took one back pack with a pair of jeans and a couple t-shirts/boxers.... Also packed:
Quark tactical/14500
Fenix Lod
6P/Malkoff/18650
E2e/strion bulb/17670
HDS U60/rcr
SC1 with P60, E2e bulb, 4x123 battery caddy, Extra rcr 123 in a 4sevens body, two lithium AA in a 4sevens body, extra 14500, extra 17670, extra 18650

Now obviously I took way too many lights and my wife thinks I'm crazy but I figured since most all the driving was done in the dark I may as well be prepared.

Last edited:

TweakMDS

Enlightened
One EDC in my pocket (currently D25A Ti Clicky with L91 lithium battery), one in the car (random 3xAAA multi led, modded with a magnet to mount at random places), a D25C Ti Clicky warm in my camera bag, and possibly the Fenix E11 in a suitcase or also cambag.
In my case, the number of flashlights is easily outnumbered by the number of lenses and flashes I'd bring (which would be 6 and 8 I guess) ;)

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Two: EDC and a bigger, more powerful light in case you need it.

For me, it would be my 4/7 Mini123 and Surefire E2DL. Battery commonality would be important, and I would take at least 2 reloads for each.

Xacto

Enlightened
I addition to my EDC loadout for the trip itself, I would add the Jetbeam BC10 for the moment I wear the formal attire. Small yet bright enough on high and usefull on low. Actually got the BC10 so that I do not need to carry my Surefire E1b Backup.

Cheers
Thorsten