TN31, SR90 or TK70 beamshot comparisons around?

Oztorchfreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
As the Thrunite TN31 thrower is getting more popular, I am looking for any good comparison beamshots between any of the three in the thread title.

Can anyone give me some links as many CPFers and others are looking for these beamshots to make up their mind as what to buy in way of these big guns.

I know there are other throwers and big guns around and I have HIDs and so on but these three are the main ones talked about in my circles of owners and I happen to have the three in question and so do many others I am sure.

Links to any good reviews will be very appreciated.

Cheers

The_Driver

Flashlight Enthusiast
As the Thrunite TN31 thrower is getting more popular, I am looking for any good comparison beamshots between any of the three in the thread title.

Can anyone give me some links as many CPFers and others are looking for these beamshots to make up their mind as what to buy in way of these big guns.

I know there are other throwers and big guns around and I have HIDs and so on but these three are the main ones talked about in my circles of owners and I happen to have the three in question and so do many others I am sure.

Links to any good reviews will be very appreciated.

Cheers

I don't have any beamshots, but I have seen all 3 in person at a get together in Germany a few weeks ago.
Compared to the others the TN31 throws almost as far (depends on how good your SR-90 is), but has a much smaller hotspot. This makes the other two lights much more practical for looking at bigger objects in the distance. The TN31 is much smaller and lighter though and has a more flexible battery format. The SR-90 and the TK-70 especially have a brighter spill. The SR-90 has the widest spill of them all. The TK-70s spill is rather narrow at close range.
My (de-domed) Varapower Turbo outthrew them all.

biglights

Enlightened
I have the TK70 and just got the TN31. I would not even bother looking at the SR90, if you go that route take a look at the SR95UT. If size and price are not an issue than I would get the SR95UT. If price is an issue but not size than go with the TK70. And if size is an issue then go with the TN31 for sure.

I really like the TN31, u can actually carry it around with you really easy. The TK70 does have a lot more flood and lights up a huge area, but the TN31 is not really that far behind. I think it throws just a bit farther, but you do loose some flood. All in all I like the TN31 a lot more, just the size factor alone in my mind is worth it. Multiple modes and a super low is great!! The magnetic switch is very nice to. I picked mine up under $180 shipped so that is an awesome price.

Just put in TN 31 in the search field above, Selfbuilt has a good comparison of it with other lights, and HJK has some good beam shots of it against the TK70.

Oztorchfreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks biglights for the info.

I like the TK70 overall as far as performance goes, but the TN31 can go in my back pocket and has a beautiful crisp beam being mean't to throw as it does and the moonlight level is a nice touch.

I am always looking for comparisons as most CPFers do when you have quite a few new lights to check out against the rest of the field.

I think I paid $220 AUS for my TN31 in Australia from an Aussie dealer inc shipping.

The TK70 was around $180 AUS from an Aussie dealer inc shipping.

I bought 8 x 9500mah Imedion LSD D cells and a Tenergy charger from a big online marketplace (which I am always worried about saying dealer names or sellers on CPF) and the TK70 runs for 1hr 20 mins on Turbo and then all the way down thru the levels to 2 1/2 hrs full runtime. It is a beast but the TN31 is a BIG "pocket rocket".

The SR90 I got for a steal at around $320 AUS with the spare battery pack just a few months ago brand new from an Aussie dealer.

Stuff from overseas usually adds $40 or more to the shipping cost thru DHL or Fedex etc or the other option is to wait 2 to 3 weeks from Hong Kong or wherever.

So the Aussie dealers are the best as we are getting more dealers down under it brings the prices and waiting times down!

All of my torches are good in their own way and purpose.

Cheers

Last edited:

biglights

Enlightened
Wow Ostorchfreak nice pickup on the SR90, those still available. Looks like you got some nice prices on the other two lights also. I was just looking at your lights and we have a very similar collection. Nice :thumbsup:

The Tn31 is by far my favorite right now, so versatile for such a powerful light!!!