M6LT, SR95, DBS confusion

gchronis

Newly Enlightened
Hello all,

I am looking to get a decent thrower with some spill (or wide hotspot). I have a DBS which I recently upgraded with the XM-L pill (not here yet). I was wondering if the M6LT or the SR95 would yield any better results as far as both distance and width if the light go.

I searched the review forum for the M6LT with no luck. I read a few posts about it here but couldn't find any comparison pictures that would give me an idea of the differences between these lights. I found and read the excellent review of the SR95 by selfbuilt, but there are not many comments there about how it compares to the M6LT and the DBS. Are these lights in different categories altogether?

I would appreciate any comments from people that have experience with at least two of them.

Thank you!
George.

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you go on youtube and look for reviews by goingprepared (goinggear.com) he has a BUNCH of lights he reviews and compares. He also has a couple of comparison tests where he shows how far the throw is on the lights he sells by shining on objects from 100, 200, and 300 yards. He doesn't have any direct comparisons with M6LT and SR95 but in his comparos he does have the M6LT and SR90 and then another video where he compares the sr90 to the sr95. That should give you some idea on the performance between the two.

From what I can gather, the M6LT and SR95 are different lights. M6 is rated at 900 lumens whereas the SR95 is rated at like 2200 lumens? So obviously the SR95 is going to light up a much bigger area and because it's designed for throw as well, it'll go out pretty far and probably farther than the M6 because of shear lumens. I do, however, like the M6LT/M3LT/UB3T because it collimates all of the light into a fairly tight spot with little spill. What that does is it lets your eyes focus much better at objects in the distance since your surrounding area is not lit.

I would just watch the videos. They're very informative. Hope this helps.