• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired New policies for this forum!

Greta

Flashaholic
The name of this forum has been changed from "Modder's B/S/T" to "CPF's Custom & Mod B/S/T".

This change has been made in order to include custom items which are not necessarily flashlights but are flashlight related.

In addition, sales and auctions are not limited to the creators of items. If you own a custom item or mod, it can be resold here at a fixed price or auctioned off with a portion of the proceeds donated to the CPF coffers. This new policy will benefit all.

Please contact me to set up auctions and to agree on what portion will be donated to CPF. I would like to keep auctions spaced out so as not to have too many going at once which could possibly effect the amount you could get for your auctioned item.

Any questions can be directed to me either here or my email... [email protected]

Thanks everyone! :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Cool Sasha! Point for clarification please. If the item is sold at a fixed price, I assume no piece of the sale is required to go to CPF but certainly welcome. If an item is auctioned of by other than the creator of the item, there is to be some piece offered to CPF and this will be agreed upon by you and the seller, PRIOR to posting. Is that close? Originators still have the option of auctioning without a "tarrif", yes or no?

- Don

jtice

Flashaholic
So, anything auctioned here, must first be discussed, and a % donation be agreed apon with Sasha first, before posting?

Greta

Flashaholic
AilSnail... I would say that a minimum bid is not unreasonable. I'll say yes to it for now... let's see how it goes.

jt.. yes, I would prefer that all auctions that are RESALE of custom or mod items go through me first. There are three reasons for this:

1. So that we don't have too many auctions going at the same time. I want to space them out so that everyone has a fair chance to make some money.

2. So that I can be sure that the items being auctioned actually qualify to be auctioned in this forum.

3. So that the portion to be donated to CPF can be agreed upon ahead of time.

This can be done very nicely with everyone's cooperation and I really think that it will allow everyone to make a little money.

Greta

Flashaholic
:bump: as a reminder to all of the policies of this forum.

Thanks much! :D

mikeymoto

Newly Enlightened
Huh. I must admit I have not read this thread before, but I have sold on CMBST. Could this sticky maybe be deleted if these rules are no longer in use? The day-to-day goings on in this forum seem to indicate these rules at least aren't being followed. Thanks for the clarification.

02Scuba

Banned
Whoa Sasha !

The new policy when I first looked at it seemed like it was need and was fair. Then I read the exchange between you and McGizmo and I was shocked. Mr. MCGizmo asked you if the "creators" (which I assume are the producers and sellers of custom and modified lights) have to pay a tariff (no matter how many they sell) if the the light is sold at a fixed price. Your answer to that question appears to be no.

However, if one of the buyers of one of many of Mr. McGizmo's lights auctions it off on CPF a piece of the sale proceeds goes to CPF I assume eve if it sells for less that what he paid McGizmo. That does not seem fair.

The more troubling aspect of you exchange with McGizmo is that he asked you if the "Originators still have the option of auctioning wthout a 'tariff', yes or no? You response was yes. That means McGizmo can sell and auction without paying a tariff because he is a originator/creator but the rest of us who are just trying to get back a little of what we originally paid for a modded or custom light so we can buy another one have to hand over a % of the sale proceeds to CPF ? Unless I am missing somthing that seems incredibly unfair.

We all know who markets on CPF and profits most from it. Just look at the dealers and manufacture's section. This is who should bare the tarrif. They in turn can pass this added expense on to their customers. But to hit the little (non-creator/originator) guy who auctions a few lights a year usually at a loss and has no one to pass that loss on to is on it's face unfair. You ought to be ashamed of yourself.