Jetbeam TCR1 Strange behavior

Espionage Studio

Enlightened
Ran into an oddity with this light. I left on ultra low to see how long it would run, after an unspecified amount of hours it switches to what appears to be an SOS Beacon. Any else notice anything like that with theirs? I tried 4 different times, this last time was over a 24 hours period, I get home frm work and there it is blinking away...?

Larbo

Enlightened
Are you sure it SOS and not a random flashing thats happening? I just sent mine back for flickering with a low output and bright flashing when it was turned "off". I wondered how long this light would last when I bought it......but 3months!!!???

Espionage Studio

Enlightened
It is strange, it doesn't seem to be random flickering, there is a pattern too it. I'm not sure what the sos looks like but the behavior on this thing is like a fast sos then a slow sos and repeat.

Larbo

Enlightened
Unfortunately, this appears to be a somewhat common issue with this model.
Sucks too since I own one and very much like it :/

I hope its not too common as I ordered another one to edc till my first one is repaired, the second one will be filled with the 18650 extender that I plan on buying when finished.

Espionage Studio

Enlightened
I've heard about it 3 or 4 times now on here, I'm just hoping it doesn't get worse. Larbo, would love to hear an update when you get yours back from the repair shop.

Larbo

Enlightened
I've heard about it 3 or 4 times now on here, I'm just hoping it doesn't get worse. Larbo, would love to hear an update when you get yours back from the repair shop.

I am not sure if they are sending it back to jetbeam or just exchanging the head for me, the body on this one has 6 trits glued in it, at any rate I hope the second one I receive and the repaired unit dont give me anymore trouble, I will keep you posted ES.
As far as the flashing.... I dont know if its bad for the light but it should not do it.

Espionage Studio

Enlightened
Didn't know that lwknight, thanks, I did in fact notice this morning that the battery was old and not very good I actually drained it with my low long runtime test past night and I will resume on a fresh primary.

lwknight

Enlightened
Most people probably use protected batteries that kick out before the flashlight needs to cut out
so they never see the jetbeam flashing.

Espionage Studio

Enlightened
what I found odd is that is seemed to have a pattern to it like SOS? I have since installed a fresh battery and have had it on low for about 13 hours now and it is rock steady, no blinking and no SOS so I'm thinking it was in fact a low battery.