Surefire reverse clips

batman

Enlightened
In the past I've heard of Surefire customer service sending out the reverse (bezel down) clips to folks for free, for example to upgrade the standard clip on the E2E.
I'm wondering if SF is still sending them out to other CPFers?

Last edited:

enomosiki

Flashlight Enthusiast
I tried it a couple of months back, because my C2 clip sucked and was annoying the hell out of me, so I asked them for a LX2 clip.

No dice.

enomosiki

Flashlight Enthusiast
Would they even offer to sell you a clip?

I tried both email and phone, asked them if I could purchase one. They said "no".

Over the phone, I was told that Surefire know about how people swap the clips and that Surefire does not want to become liable if people ended up damaging the lights while attempting the procedure.

It's a little disappointing, but understandable from legal POV. By freely giving away the clips, they end up indirectly supporting the modification, of which some people might take advantage of.

Imon

Enlightened
Huh...
When I asked SF for a LX2 clip after stretching mine they sent me a free replacement no questions asked.
Of course I actually own an LX2 ;)

Not saying you guys should claim to own an LX2 that would be disingenuous and unfair to SF.

d337944

Enlightened
Huh...
When I asked SF for a LX2 clip after stretching mine they sent me a free replacement no questions asked.
Of course I actually own an LX2 ;)

Not saying you guys should claim to own an LX2 that would be disingenuous and unfair to SF.

I agree.

I think if you actually own the model in question (I've got an LX2 as well) and its registered with Surefire, then asking for a replacement part for something that's broken or faulty is fine! I've asked for replacement clips for my LX2 as I EDC it, and have broken / stretched 3 clips already over the years ...

novice

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would like to respectfully urge people to please be ethical when considering the posted link. It could be considered a tempting way to obtain a part for free. It is wonderful for Surefire to offer this, and I would hate to see the policy change or disappear because of potential abuse. I would like to try an LX2 clip, but I don't have an LX2, so I won't be trying to get one on the posted link. I mean no disrespect to anyone by posting this thought.

sassaquin

Enlightened
I would like to respectfully urge people to please be ethical when considering the posted link. It could be considered a tempting way to obtain a part for free. It is wonderful for Surefire to offer this, and I would hate to see the policy change or disappear because of potential abuse.

My thoughts as well.

tonywalker23

Newly Enlightened
i emailed surefire before this page ever went live and asked for an lx2 clip and got one sent free no questions asked. thats why i thought this page would be helpful. i also called to get some parts for my x200 and the guy seemed so rush to get me off the phone. i ended up using the link. i could be wrong but i think they put that page up just to avoid calls for things that are easier just to send a part without talking to people, probably saves them a lot of time and maybe money in the long run. my last call to sure went like this:

i ordered the x200 stuff on the link. never got a confirmation and several weeks had past. i decided to call them to check. like usual i was way down the line in their queue. after waiting a while i pressed the button to leave a message. i said basically "i placed an order, havent recieved anything, just checking on it, please call me at..."

well what do you know when i get home in the mailbox is the box from surefire. about an hour later i talked to them and said "i just wanted to let you know that i fell like an idiot. i called to complain that my order never got here and i feel so bad because the day i call is the day it showed up in the mail. i just wanted to let you know that i wasnt trying to be dishonest and say i didnt get anything when i did. it was my fault for not checking the mail before calling. dont think i was trying to beat you out of anything, etc..."

i could tell when i was giving him my apology that he was really too busy to listen to it. when i finished my story it was a simple "thanks have a good day" click.

i wasnt mad and i didnt think he was rude about it but when their help page basically says please dont call us unless you have to and they put a page up basically giving away parts that probably take up most of their customer service calls i get the feeling theyd rather send me a pocket clip or a picitinny lock plate i asked for online than listen to my story on the phone.

didnt mean for people to take my post as being dishonest to surefire. hopefully this post will clarify that.

Last edited:

novice

Flashlight Enthusiast
tonywalker23,
Thank you for posting this very helpful link, and in no way did I mean to imply that you were suggesting misuse. I'm just very aware that many people will jump at the chance to get something for free even if it is not necessarily deserved, and I was disappointed by the premature ending of the recent Thrunite $5 Ti offer, because so many people registered for the site repeatedly, under false names (with the same home address), that Thrunite noticed what was going on, and decided to pull the plug. The misuse of that situation did not necessarily come from CPF - there were ~10x more people linking from Slickdeals than from here - but it is always sad when a certain amount of generosity generates the opposite, to the extent that something helpful is ended.

batman

Enlightened
I had no idea about that website, but that's interesting. I can see how some people would take advantage of that, ruining it for everyone. I guess if the policy now is to only provide replacement clips for those that are broken (as opposed to sending them out willy-nilly to all) I won't be bothering them about it. I'd rather be honest and fair about it since they already bend over backwards for the lifetime warranty as it is.

As for the customer service, most of the time the people I talk to are professional, but some of them at SF (on rare occasion) are also obviously not from the West coast. I'm sorry to hear you got treated that way tonywalker,..I've just moved to the northeastern part of the USA and totally understand the problem.

RobertM

Flashlight Enthusiast
just go to this page and you can get one for free as well as other surefire parts.
http://www.surefire.com/rapid-replacement-parts

As other members have expressed, I would like to urge fellow CPF members to not use this service of SureFire's unethically. If you don't legitimately have a broken part, please don't request free parts. This is a very nice service of SF to its owners to easily get replacement parts for failed items--let's not ruin it.

I recently had SF ship me a new 6PL tailcap to replace my troublesome one. I used this nice service and had the part in about a week. I have an LX2 and know how great it's clip is. I would love to have the same clip for my A2 Aviators. While all I would have had to do was one additional click of the mouse and they would have sent me one, I resisted. It would have been both wrong and unethical.

-Robert

fyrstormer

Banned
I tried both email and phone, asked them if I could purchase one. They said "no".

Over the phone, I was told that Surefire know about how people swap the clips and that Surefire does not want to become liable if people ended up damaging the lights while attempting the procedure.

It's a little disappointing, but understandable from legal POV. By freely giving away the clips, they end up indirectly supporting the modification, of which some people might take advantage of.
Baloney. They just want you to buy multiple lights to get all the parts you want.

Legos do the same thing; there will be one fancy part that you need a bunch of if you want to build something cool, so you have no option but to shell out $20, $50, $100 per box until you get enough of the fancy parts you need. I'd still be buying Lego Technic parts by the score if they didn't insist on such blatant profit-enhancing tactics.

fyrstormer

Banned
As other members have expressed, I would like to urge fellow CPF members to not use this service of SureFire's unethically. If you don't legitimately have a broken part, please don't request free parts. This is a very nice service of SF to its owners to easily get replacement parts for failed items--let's not ruin it.

I recently had SF ship me a new 6PL tailcap to replace my troublesome one. I used this nice service and had the part in about a week. I have an LX2 and know how great it's clip is. I would love to have the same clip for my A2 Aviators. While all I would have had to do was one additional click of the mouse and they would have sent me one, I resisted. It would have been both wrong and unethical.

-Robert
Depends how you look at it. I'm inclined to say the bezel-up-only clips are defective by design and they all deserve to be replaced at the customer's request. Obviously there was a deficiency in the original design, which is why they developed the bi-directional clips in the first place. The only reason for including bezel-up-only clips with most of their lights is to cut an insignificant amount of cost even though the market has demonstrated a clear preference for the extra functionality, and to entice customers to buy whole extra lights just to get one upgraded part.

Last edited:

scout24

Flashaholic
I'd argue (without arguing... :) ) that the majority of buyers of SF's lights don't really care about the clip- LEO's, security, military customers generally belt holster carry, or have a dedicated pocket on their uniform for lights. Once you're into the realm of non-uniform EDC, the clip becomes more important. It's the small portion of their customer base that lives here that might care, and there's even a division amongst the Flashaholic ranks as to bezel up or down preference. I do agree with the ethical hazard of "free parts", and despite the temptation, it's not something I would personally condone. My $.02

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
hopefully no one screws this deal up

thank God for that link, though, because I'm broke (just graduated college) lol

edit: asked for parts for my 6P that is genuinely fubared

Latest posts