Troubleshooting: New Klarus XT1C

hawk45

Newly Enlightened
Just got my new Klarus XT1C.. right out of the box opened, wiped off all the grease from any contact point, threw in a new Streamlight CR123A and nothing. Tightened top.. nothing.. all buttons.. nothing.. loosen cap and it flickers. Open tailcap and clean all contacts again. Make sure clicky is tight in tailcap.. all good. Put battery back in.. nothing. Open, clean again.. nothing. Tried working battery in other light.. nothing.

About to give up and notice when I push on the head of the light from one side it comes on.. but as soon as I take pressure off the tube/head, it goes back out.

UPDATE: It works after cleaning head contact to body. It was REALLY hard to get the head off.. super tight.

Thanks,
Hawk.

Last edited:

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
Try to tighten the switch assembly. My experience has been that most lights ship with a loose switch.

hawk45

Newly Enlightened
Try to tighten the switch assembly. My experience has been that most lights ship with a loose switch.

I'm new, but do you mean the switch retention ring that hold the switch assembly in the tail cap? If yes, I did that.. removed, cleaned, re-installed and tightened.

kj2

Flashaholic
Does the battery-tube fully connect to the tail-cap? I have with some batteries, that are to long, that the tube doesn't hit the tail-cap.

hawk45

Newly Enlightened
OK.. I got it working. I didn't even realize that the head (LED end) even came off until after I saw a video on YouTube confirming. I twisted and twisted and finally came off.. man that sucker was on TIGHT!!! Clean around contact to tube/head and reassembled.. did the trick. OK, now I know what to look for when issues arise. Sorry for the false alarm.

Last edited:

hawk45

Newly Enlightened
Only bummer is I was hoping it was the newer stock version with the pocket clip. I contacted the vendor and they said they had one with the pocket clip but I'd have to exchange it to get the clip. Forget all that for a simple clip. I'll just use the one off my XT11, that won't need a pocket clip anyway.