Klarus XT-30

Jvalera

Newly Enlightened
sorry I dont have the Crelant and have no pics yet but I can tell you that the UCL glass is nicely AR coated. I might buy another
and mount them side by side ala xt20 ..! I have no complaints as the beam goes farther than I can care to see. tint is a idibidy neutral just right!! ... my eyes hurt doing a white wall test 7 ft away. Machining is bank vault smooth.. Anodizing is flawless, also covering the inside of the tube.
If I lived in the suburbs or in a farm I could justify getting more lumens and throw.. but
around here Im hesitant coz the neighbors might complain as its quite intimidating
lighting up their car port like day..lol

Last edited:

Adrenaline_6

Newly Enlightened
I just got an idea. Since the XT11 can take 8.4V, is the thread pattern on the head the same so you could screw an XT11 head on the XT30 2 x 18650 tube and vice versa? Oh man would that be a double bonus!

Last edited:

Jvalera

Newly Enlightened
You got me on that, the xt 11 is tempting but since I dont have one I cant tell. Now you got me thinking of getting the Xt 20 to mount side by side with the xt 30 to complete the flood and throw... translating into shock and ouch.. when the neighbors call the police about strange lights and when my wife hits me with the thing " what you bought another one !!!..lol I used google earth to measure distances around our neighborhood and 200 yrds is enough for me and this blasts 215 yards easy lighting up palm tree's the next street away and through my 20-60 x100mm spotting scope
its dam bright white at the target wanting more

Last edited:

Adrenaline_6

Newly Enlightened
I was looking at a video on you tube of the XT30 and it showed the body separated from the reflector head. The end of the body looks exactly the same as the end of the XT11. The distance of the o-ring from the end and the length of the threads look the same. The diameter should be the same because it takes the same battery type and the tube wall looks to be the same thickness.

Wow! The XT30 would supply XT11 owners a 2 - 18650 ability with the exact same interface. We also could put 2 RCR123's in the XT11 tube and screw the XT30 head on the end of the XT11 and make a mini thrower! This is very tempting!!! Someone needs to have both and confirm this please!!!!

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was comparing the same pictures yesterday and it is true that the length of the threads on the XT11 and XT30 tubes looks identical (unlike the one on the XT20 tube). The battery tube of the XT30 looks thicker though so it still might not fit into the head of the XT11 - and the other way around either.
I've ordered both lights yesterday so I should be able to confirm it sometime next week.

TEEJ

Flashaholic
I was comparing the same pictures yesterday and it is true that the length of the threads on the XT11 and XT30 tubes looks identical (unlike the one on the XT20 tube). The battery tube of the XT30 looks thicker though so it still might not fit into the head of the XT11 - and the other way around either.
I've ordered both lights yesterday so I should be able to confirm it sometime next week.

I already tried the XT20 and XT11, and there is some lego-ing possible, but not the heads.

If the XT30 uses the XT11 threads, then that WOULD mean 2 18650's could power the XT11 head.

I already know that IMR's push the XT11 harder, so TWO 18350 IMR's = my currently best performing XT11 configuration....over 900 L.

:D

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks TEEJ!

If it works, it could also mean that it would be possible to use the XT30 head with the XT11 tube for a compact thrower :devil: - though probably only using Li-ion RCR123 and for a very short time as the working voltage stated is 7V - 14V!