How Did You First Find Out About ARC ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidTHR

Enlightened
In light (yes, pun intended) of ARC's apparent decision to change its distribution methods, I was wondering how did you first hear about the ARC brand of flashlights?

For me, I never heard of ARC, that is until very recently while I was reading an article about emergency lighting on Newsmax.com. This article mentioned the ARC brand of lights, among others.

From there, I asked about different types of flashlights, including ARC, on The High Road (a firearms forum), and the members there directed me to here -- CPF.

Like others, I am thinking that by limiting ARC sales to its website, ARC might be overlooking what I believe may be a "hidden value" in having many websites selling ARC flashlights.

That is a MUCH greater potential exposure of the ARC brand -- this type of international exposure is very hard, if not impossible, to put a dollar figure on.

I am afraid that limiting online sales to ARC's own website may be a "penny wise, pound foolish" idea -- but who really knows?

That said, it is up to ARC and ARC alone to determine what's best for their business.

Just my 2 cents.

So, how did you first hear about ARC flashlights?

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: How Did You Find Out About ARC ?

I was a heavy surefire user. But I hated using half used batteries in them. So I went on a search first for single 123 utility lights to use the half drained batteries in. I started using the e1 much later when it became available for this job. I had by then found cpf when searching for the single 123 that I still could not find since I was looking for something better then the e1 for this job. I had watched the arc-aaa come out on CPF but did really pay attention. I finally got one and was pleased. Then, the ARC-LS came out and I had my Surefire companion. I thought I was happy at that point but things kept getting better and better.

Tone

Newly Enlightened
Re: How Did You Find Out About ARC ?

I was also a surefire user before found lots of good comment on arc from cpf and decided to make first purchase of my aaa from a local dealer. I was so impress with its performance so much I have to buy another one a short while later /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

Datasaurusrex

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Tomas said:
Craig's LED Museum, same place I first found CMG and a few others I bought ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

ditto, absolutly fantastic review site /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
Someone on a Macintosh home automation mailing list (hello are you here?) I'm on posted a link to Craigs site. I spent about 3 days just reading the led museum and accomplishing little else /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif While I technically saw them there I didn't actually get up the gumption to spend the money until I have been lurking here for a while. I found CPF from Craigs site.

I don't know enough to make any usefull comments about Peters business decisions, but I can say that is a very common business practice in the software industry to handle the local web sales yourself and then contract with importers (or translators) and B&M stores. So this isn't anything unusual or strange.

koala

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think it was Craig with CMG Infinity, I don't like Infinity size, then I found ARCAAA and CPF, then the road gets brighter and brighter. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

mut

Flashlight Enthusiast
I too first found the ARC RIGHT HERE AT CPF.
And sooo glad to have.

Mattman

Enlightened
I read a review of an Arc at dansdata. I thought it sounded cool, but I never thought I'd buy one at the price he quoted. By chance one day I saw them for sale at brightguy and that got me more curious about them, which brought me to the CPF. My saga then took me back to brightguy where my purchases began.

Status
Not open for further replies.