Mag Flashlight to stop using dealers

McGizmo

Flashaholic
News Flash! Mag announced some time in the future that they will no longer be selling to brick & mortar* or any type of dealer whatsoever. In an undisclosed deal with TV Guide whose subscriptions have been falling anyway, Mag will be providing flashlights and replacement parts as a supplement with TV guide deliveries. For your order, you simply contact Mag via Telex and place your order.

When queried about this radical change in marketing strategy, Mag officials were heard to credit clever and sage consumers and customers for showing them the way. Special credit is also given to Mrs. Brady's second grade class in Encino who did a special demographic model on lumination tool densities based on per capita and toothpaste brands. The TV Guide program was a natural extension of their findings.

Mag's only concern is that they be second guessed by CPF members and possibly undermined as a result. With new patents in the application stages sighting wonderous new devices known as flashlights consisting of a battery and light producing lamps, Mag is confident that they can prevail on the inexpensive imports as well as domestic manufacturers whos use of technology has somewhat outpaced Mag in the recent years.

This news alert was going to be titled "Mag Flashlight to stop using customers" but unfortunately the truth of this claim has not been verified by additional sources. Although unsubstantiated, Mag is rumored to be concerned that now that the customers are bored with their flashlights, the customers might start concentrating on Mag as a manufacturer and supplier. Mag is not interested in being engaged in such a manner and is again "rumored" to be opting for removal of the customer from the equation.

* There may be an exemption for sheet rock and aluminum siding in the more rural areas where TV Guide is not available

B@rt

Flashaholic
LOL.gif

jtice

Flashaholic
LOLOLOL /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the illuminating article /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

GregR

Atomic6

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dang it..I was just about to post this news myself and was scooped by Dr. Gizmo. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif

Can anyone supply plans and drawings for conversion of MagLite bodies into potato guns?

Bill.H

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Atomic6 said:

Can anyone supply plans and drawings for conversion of MagLite bodies into potato guns?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. It has been done in the past but the plans were taken offline after Mag sent a team of lawyers to talk about patent infringement.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I get my "TV guide" in the Sunday paper every week... guess that means no more Mags for me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif :toliet: /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
[ QUOTE ]
Atomic6 said:
Dang it..I was just about to post this newsmyself and was scoooped by Dr. Gizmo. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

A6,

I can do that for you, but I really prefer Blackpowder to underarm deoderant /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif . (You want flint or percussion?)

Larry

brightnorm

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
McGizmo said:
...This news alert was going to be titled "Mag Flashlight to stop using customers" but unfortunately the truth of this claim has not been verified by additional sources...

[/ QUOTE ]

I know a group that might not be averse to being removed from the Mag customer list

Brightnorm

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Don,
This is the most enjoyable post since Jahn's (Lightlover) entry about Surefire a few years ago.
KT

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm outraged by this news. I think Mag should think twice about all the business they are going to lose. CPFers don't even watch TV! What are they going to do without us. Mods alone must account for .001 percent of Mag sales in the US alone.

Well this skinny white boy is going to take his cash elsewhere. I don't need to be personally insulted by a multi million dollar company. I'm going to write them a letter. Have they thought about the impact on those of us who can't read?

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gee, if they are going to stop using dealers (and customers), I guess CPF can stop soliciting them for a banner ad. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Latest posts