Surefire 6PX Tactical to 6PX pro

redfalcon302

Newly Enlightened
I did a little searching on here and the web, and forgive my ignorance, but I would like to know if there is a cost-effective to convert a Surefire 6PX Tactical to a two stage light like the 6PX Pro. I bought the tactical model and I love it, but if I can just buy another tailcap and have a two stage light then I'd be a happy man. I'm not sure where the "brains" are in the Pro model, though I assume the switch on the Tactical model simply completes the circuit. Forgive me if I'm wasting time, but I couldn't find what I was looking for by searching. Thanks in advance for the replies! God Bless.

GunnarGG

Enlightened
I don't have a 6PX but a G2X pro and I think they are the same in this aspect.
The brains are in the head and the switch is just on/off.
And if you switch on/off/on the head will change level.
I don't think it is good value to buy a new head, better to get a complete light.

Maybe the head on a G2X pro will fit and then you can buy a cheaper light and change heads so you have a 6PX pro and a G2X tactical.
I'm sure somebody here knows if that will work.

ico

Enlightened
The head and body of the 6PX/G2X are now connected shut and cannot be removed unlike surefire's previous models like the 6P's and alike

GunnarGG

Enlightened
The head and body of the 6PX/G2X are now connected shut and cannot be removed unlike surefire's previous models like the 6P's and alike

Yes, of course.
I forgot.
If you are getting a new light the G2X model is cheaper than the 6PX model and I don't think the polymer body is inferior to the alu-body. I like polymer lights myself, at least as a variation to all other lights that are made in aluminium.