Hello all fello flashaholics!

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi, my name is Ed, and I've been a flashaholic since I was kid, back in the early 1980's. I started with a small disposable keychain flashlight, and it snowballed into now more than 80 flashlights. Many of them are garden variety ones that you see in many households, but I have many Photons, a Scorpion, Infinity Ultra, countless Maglites, Arc LSL-P, and my latest, an EVERLED in a Mag 3-c. I will be getting a Princteton Tec Impact XL just as soon as they are available at Galyans. I also have a few Princton Tec flashlights as well. Most of the LED lights were purchased based on the info I got by "lurking" here on CPF. You guys are great! I've learned a lot so far, but I am sure this is just the tip of the iceburg.

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
Big Ed
Welcome to CPF!
80 flashlights /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif You're going to fit right in here.

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, I thought so too. My friends thought I was a little weird for liking (obsessing about) flashlights, but when I told them about CPF, they couldn't believe there were others like me. I'm trying to "show them the light" so to speak by showing off my flashlights. I'm pretty sure I can convince a couple of them to carry some sort of keychain light.

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is a mildly funny story about that first keychain flashlight I got in 6th grade. Our class was off to a weeklong camp, and if we wanted to participate in the outdoor activities after dark, we HAD to have a flashlight, no exceptions. I begged my dad to get me one. He said ok, so off to buy one we went. He was frugal (times were tight), so price was the main consideration. Well we must have driven around for an hour going from store to store. He yelled right in the store, "Three dollars!! I'm not paying three dollars for a flashlight!!" Finally we (he) found a small disposable keychain light (probably run by one AAA) for 50 cents. "That's the one!" he said. Well of course that little flashlight was not nearly as bright as the ones the other kids had, but it allowed me to join in. I just had to have another flashlight after that. A bright one! And so the snowball grew!

batterystation

Enlightened
Hey Big Ed! Welcome! One of the lights you might want to get is a "Big Ed" made by Pelican. It is a firefighter light. Seriously though, welcome to a great bunch of nuts.
(at least that is what my wife says)
Kevin

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I'm glad you finally decided to join.

Welcome to CPF! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm sure I will. They seem to be highly recommended around here. It's just a matter of time, and money. It truly is an addiction. And I'm in deep.

Atomic6

Flashlight Enthusiast
Go to modder's section and get a WOW light Ed. 80 LIGHTS? are you MAD /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast
Big Ed, welcome to the CPF I was told by my parents that as a little one (I was ever little?) that flashlights weren't safe around me. I could disassemble a flashlight faster than they could put them back together just to see where the light was coming from. It just took a while for me to realize I was a flashaholic and fess up. It would appear that you have already subscribed to our unofficial (for now) motto of Buy Em Both.

Mr. Blue

Enlightened
welcome. This is a great place that will help separate you from your earnings. Just buy both.

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Big_Ed said:
He yelled right in the store, "Three dollars!! I'm not paying three dollars for a flashlight!!"

[/ QUOTE ]

Like father, like son. I suspect you wont be buying any three dollar flashlights either. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, Stainless, but his motivation was exactly the oppsite of mine now!!!
I would buy an ARC LS for three dollars if I could though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif