New Fenix TK-41 owner has a question about an off-centered emitter

Hot Brass

Enlightened
Hi: Brand new to this forum and I have just ordered my first "real' luminating device(Fenix TK41) and I have a question about the off-centered emitter I have been reading about,particularly with this Fenix TK41.
Can I detect this off-center emitter with the naked eye,or is it only more noticeable when the beam is projected onto a wall.
What is the effect of having an off cented emitter,will there be a hot spot not in the center of the beam,or something else?
I don't have my new TK-41 yet to check,just curious as what to look for,if in fact mine has this off-center emitter. Thanks,Hot Brass

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
I did much research before buying my TK-41, and for the most part I really liked it................Except for the on again/off again problem with the on/off switch. The first 2 days it worked fine 95% of the time, with only a few failures, but on the 3rd day, the on/off switch got to the point that it would only work 2-3 out of 5 tries, and it would take as many as 4 clicks to get it to turn on once it finally did work. It also didnt always turn off. Some times it would click on for like 1/10 of a second, then off again. But as quickly as it got really bad, it suddenly cleared up and started working good again, for 3 days, then it was back to screwing up 2-3 out of 5 tries. So I sent it back, but I think that bad switches on the TK series lights are rare, as not many people have posted about it. I've only gotten 2 dud lights so far out of about 20, and this was one of them, so your's will probably be fine in every aspect.

My LED was perfectly centered. If not for the bad switch, I would've really liked the light. Great beam, nice tint, great throw, nice UI, etc.

If you ever get a light with an off centered LED, you'll see it when you look at the LED with the light off. I have at least 2 lights with slightly off center LED's, but its not really a big deal, and doesnt effect the beam in any remotely significant way IMO.