Good old CPF

brightnorm

Flashaholic
I was reading through some posts when two familiar thoughts hit me once again:

1) Flashaholics are a pretty darn nice bunch of folks (some CAFE rambunctiousness notwithstanding)

2) Here we are, more than 5,000 of us now and constantly growing. We are of all ages from teen or perhaps even preteen to retirement age and beyond. We come from most states and many foreign countries, we are of all races, every conceiveable profession, many religions, a huge range of incomes, backgrounds, education levels, domestic relations, personalities, political orientations, cultural attitudes, life stories, core philosophies, interests, etc etc.

And yet we are all united by our strange, rather esoteric and wonderful but ultimately mysterious interest/obsession/ quest. Some of us, our LEOs, firemen, emergency responders, medical folks and others, are here for pragmatic real world reasons, but the fact is that THEY are here, and not their colleagues.

There has been much discussion of this subject in past threads, and I posted in a moment of enthusiasm, not necessarily expecting a response, but simply appreciating US.

Brightnorm

JollyRoger

Enlightened
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif That's very true, Brightnorm. This forum has grown and become very large indeed! At times, I felt as though it had become too large...and lately haven't been posting much (just because it has become so overwhelming to keep up with threads if you're gone for more than 10 minutes!)

But there definitely is an abundance of great people on this forum...that are surprisingly very cordial and "caring" of fellow members!

keithhr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Brightnorm, the same type of thoughts take me over from time to time as well, always people here to help other people when asked, generally there is a lot of kindness displayed here, a place that fosters trust in other people. It's the kind of place where people such as yourself are compelled from time to time to literally sing the praises of this place and it's inhabitants because the spirit here often smacks of goodness. It's very easy to jump in on this type of thread and I don't think the main attraction here is just flashlights but the people that inhabit this place. Brightnorm is representative of the type of person here who makes random posts that contain acts of kindness as well.It's nice to be the recipient of some of his kind words
and it's funny how we can feel the bonds of friendship with someone that we've never met.

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast
you're not getting my bud lite!
just playing!

i share your feelings 100% on this.. since being here i've seen many acts of kindness.. much knowledge shared.. and just had an all around blast getting to know everyone.

LOVE RYAN.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Saaby

Flashaholic
Goooooo CPF! and remember:

Don't stop, thinking about tomorrow,
Don't stop, it'll soon be here,
It'll be, better than before,
Yesterday's gone, yesterday's gone.

Randomness...live by it...

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
this is the only community i know of where i can confidently send out items sold that i've yet to receive payment for and where others are willing to do the same for me and many others without any hesitation. i think that says a lot about the general moral integrity and the trusting nature of the people here /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
CPF is my "home away from home". Even if things are going to pot around me, CPF will aways be there; night or day, anytime I need my can of Flashahol. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Tomas

Banned
Heh. Payments can be interesting. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

For one item the person sent it to me before even bothering to let me know where to send a personal check (i got it from the return address on the package). (And when I included a bit extra because I thought his price was too low, almost refused to cash the check.)

CPF is not only 'nice' people, but 'good' people. An amazing aglomeration of individuals.

Lighthouse

Enlightened
I concur. When I first came across CPF, I lurked for quite a while and spent time reading old threads as well as the more current postings.

By & large, I found that the more I reviewed them, the more comfortable I felt with the group and finally joined. While from time to time there are the minor "sibling squabbles within our "family" we have a rather cohesive group considering the wide variety background and experiences that we bring to the table.

It is pleasant coming here...