A better bezel for my Ultrafire C1s?

ahorton

Enlightened
I've got a few UF C1s which I'd like to refit as aspheric throwers and give away to friends. They're pretty easy to upgrade to a McClicky switch, remote pressure switches exist, the aspheric lens seals nicely (unlike in the WF 501B), the XR-E dropin is easy, but I can't find a bezel I like. The big SS assault/defence one is just too sharp and aggressive for my taste. The tiny little plastic one that sits recessed doesn't quite cover the aspheric.

Does anyone know where I can find a bezel that protrudes a little further than the head, but not as far as the big SS one? Is there another common flashlight with a compatible head/bezel?

Cheers

Antec

Newly Enlightened
I've got a few UF C1s which I'd like to refit as aspheric throwers and give away to friends. They're pretty easy to upgrade to a McClicky switch, remote pressure switches exist, the aspheric lens seals nicely (unlike in the WF 501B), the XR-E dropin is easy, but I can't find a bezel I like. The big SS assault/defence one is just too sharp and aggressive for my taste. The tiny little plastic one that sits recessed doesn't quite cover the aspheric.

Does anyone know where I can find a bezel that protrudes a little further than the head, but not as far as the big SS one? Is there another common flashlight with a compatible head/bezel?

Cheers

got one of least protruding assault ones myself. Did not expect it to be that "pointy" as I intended to carry the light inside my pocket.

Last edited:

ahorton

Enlightened
That looks good. Do you have one? Does it fit?

I've been considering having some machined to the size I want. Then I'd annodise them some bright orange or red just so that it doesn't look stock.

bshanahan14rulz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know they're stainless steel, and I don't know enough about metalwork to know if this is feasible, but could you sand them down on a big sander thing or something like that?

Antec

Newly Enlightened
That looks good. Do you have one? Does it fit?

The UF C1 has a plastic bezel like my 504B... The threads inside the head are wider spaced than other UF models with metal bezels as stock.

I was able to fit my SS assault bezel tight but not all the way in (there is gap that can fit a rubber o-ring).

L2M_2.jpg

Also got a new SForce L2M in preparation for one of your lens kits (still fixing paypal matters), hopefully by Tuesday I'll be able to send payment.

Last edited:

Latest posts