Okay guys, relax time, Kids enjoy flashlight in another way

CYMac

Newly Enlightened
I guess they are "trained" to play in that environment, hahahaa! Try putting your dogs in the room, they will go wild too~ hahaha! It's time to add lasers........

mountaingreek

Newly Enlightened
No human,no dogs,try this with your cat..i'm sure there is no problem at all..the cat is looking all the way in the light,without any problem!i want some cat eyes!!

CYMac

Newly Enlightened
huh?!?!? man.. that's scary.. cat can look into the strob at high lumens?!?!?! holy cow ..no.. holy cat.............

Asterisk

Newly Enlightened
Cats and dogs can't see colors, so they just stare at you and wonder "what in the world are you doing?".

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
You are right they are somehow "trained" to have fun with it especially when music is involved as well.

If I ever use strobe it's mostly for the kiddies.

yliu

Enlightened
Yeah, cats seem to be impervious to strobe :O

I've pointed my TK12 and TK45, both on strobe to a cat, and it was just staring at me.

hellokitty[hk]

Enlightened
Yeah, cats seem to be impervious to strobe :O

I've pointed my TK12 and TK45, both on strobe to a cat, and it was just staring at me.
Haha, my cat seems to be bothered and squints her eyes when I shine my lights at her. But she's still looking at them O.O.

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I was a kid and we lived in the country we had a little play room that was attached to one of the upstairs bedrooms. It was a large square with no windows.

Take one of those little party strobes where you can change how fast it blinks and you have something that can be pretty psychedelic.

Get it just right and everyone seems to be jumping around everywhere lol

CYMac

Newly Enlightened
Yeah that's surely something that perk up the mood! haha! but somehow the normal reaction is -- jumping around. That's the mysterious part.. haaha..

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
Haha, my cat seems to be bothered and squints her eyes when I shine my lights at her. But she's still looking at them O.O.

My dad's cat doesn't seem to react under 300 lumens with a constant light, but he does close his eyes and turn his head around when shining a TK45 on turbo at him. I can't remember trying the strobe.

My cousin likes to try to blind his neighbourh's cat, but has had very little success. I don't approve, but he hit him with a 50mW green laser with some success.

I once had a strobe party -many many years ago- and my Cocker Spaniel retreated to the basement within a minute. I do have to add we were pretty drunk and acted like idiots doing the robot. I suspect our behavior and the loud music had something to do with it.

Empire

Banned
Cats and dogs can't see colors, so they just stare at you and wonder "what in the world are you doing?".
Yes they can
I am a professional dog and cat handler with over 14 years experience
i have taught all my dogs to know colors,Shapes,Etc