Only 20 years for this?

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
my verdict: life in prison

things like this go to show how {vulgar term for intercourse} up the us judicial system is /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
so what if he didn't actually do it? he intended to.
the only way that's "less" bad is that not as much "bad" happened.

and when he walks out of jail in 20years (probably less! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif) he'll go and try to cut another bridge in half, or blow something up, and maybe he'll succed that time! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast
i dunno..

just the thought alone of going to jail made me calm my lifestyle down drastically when i turned 18..

of course i'm not your typical lunatic going and cutting bridges down..

maybe i'm being light on him..

oldgrandpajack

Enlightened
The way I see it, we are at war. He is a US citizen. He committed treason. Should be executed.
oldgrandpajack

AlphaTea

Enlightened
\Trea"son\, n. [OE. tresun, treisun, traisoun, OF. tra["i]son, F. trahison, L. traditio a giving up, a delivering up, fr. tradere to give up, betray. See Traitor, and cf. Tradition.] 1. The offense of attempting to overthrow the government of the state to which the offender owes allegiance, or of betraying the state into the hands of a foreign power; disloyalty; treachery.

...In the United States, treason is confined to the actual levying of war against the United States, or to an adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort.

Sounds like treason to me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/whoopin.gif
Sentence should be more like public castration followed by a public hanging from the Brooklin Bridge that he hated so much. Then they can send his sorry *** back to the old country.

X-CalBR8

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree. He is clearly guilty of treason and should be publicly executed for it, preferably with national news coverage as an example to the next scumbag that plots against the country. Why the heck should, we, the tax payers have to pay to feed, cloth, pay medical expenses, lawyer fees and court cost for this scum for the next 20 years of his life?

I'm not sure if you guys realize this or not, but that will likely cost several *million* dollars of our tax money over the course of 20 years, for just one criminal! I've seen the statistics for this sort of thing before. It's just crazy to lock someone up for life that rightfully should receive the death penalty, and as has been said before, this guy will likely come out of jail only to attempt it again and what if he learns from his previous mistakes and actually succeeds the next time? What then? Lock him up for another 20?

I hate to be the one to have to say it, but our criminal justice system is just a joke these days. Back in the old days of this country, before the country was turned into the weak "politically correct" mess that it is today, they would have had a public hanging with this guy and that would have been the end of it, no feeding, clothing and guarding him for the next 20 years of his miserable life.

X-CalBR8

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's also strange to me that we, as a country, don't seem to mind going to war and shooting people that may or may not even have the same intentions that this man has for the U.S., but our own criminal justice system has become so weak on the home front that they won't go on and take a man like this out and shoot him and be done with it, even when they know that he wished to kill as many innocent American citizens as was within his power to do so.

I'm a rather poor person and so pay little in the way of taxes at this point in my life, but all of you big tax payers out there should be taking careful note because this is where a large chunk of your tax dollars are going, to keep such scum as this, and others of a murderous intent, locked up for the rest of their lives instead of having the guts to enforcing the death penalty on them.

Just remember to keep in mind such as this the next time you go to vote and you hear some sniveling politician tell all of the reasons why he doesn't have the guts to support the death penalty.

Ok. Rant mode off. It's just that when I see such crap as this, I can really find no mild worded way of expressing my true feelings toward it.

Chengiz

Enlightened
20 years in prison for this gentleman is religious prosecution. He is a Muslim and should be afforded the same punishment as authorized for the Hadith (Islamic Laws). I don't have a current copy of the Hadith. But I think it would be Death by stoning.

Of course being in NY there may be a shortage of stones. Iam looking in my back yard...............I think I could spare a few.

I wonder what the next of kin of the Towers, the Pa flight, and the Pentagon are thinking on this subject.

brightnorm

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Chengiz said:
...Of course being in NY there may be a shortage of stones

[/ QUOTE ]

Plenty of stones at ground zero

[ QUOTE ]
BlindedByTheLite said:
...of course i'm not your typical lunatic going and cutting bridges down...

[/ QUOTE ]

And even at your worst I suspect that genocide wasn't your career goal

Brightnorm

Bill.H

Enlightened
Xcalbr8,

Your 'rant' makes sense. Blame the ACLU.

I have a nephew who is a CO at a well know max security prison. I am shocked to hear the stories of how good some of these prisoners have it! They got tossed in prison for killing someone, often several someones, and their lawyers are right on top of it to make sure they're not deprived of any of THEIR "rights". Lot of good it does the victim. Or the next victim, as they'll be out in a few years anyway /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Seems to me that since convicted felons can't vote, why not take away the rest of their rights, too? They certainly don't deserve them. Strip them of their citizenship, too.

Remember that old movie "Escape From NY"? It's not such a bad idea -- but choose somewhere with lower land values than NYC. Whatever happened to that Pacific Island where they used to do the A bomb tests? A lot cheaper than prisons.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
well the only reason i wouldn't advocate killing the worthless sob is because it could turn him into a martyr.

as i've said before, our system is in a sad state /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

vote rothrandir for emporer of the world! he'll straighten stuff out!

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vote for Jason as supreme leader!!

Not only will I strighten things out and destroy our enemies, but there will be universal free healthcare by compitent professionals and also there will be gellato Wednesdays to get us over that mid-week hump.

Did I mention I will personally destroy our enemies???

-Jason

hula

Newly Enlightened
Well Political correctness certainly does cost - in lives. All too often you see these people who have been given the chance by western democratic countries to make a new lives for themselves, become part of a tolerant community and share in its benefits. For the greater part they do exactly that but a few begin to resent the wealth they see and must work for and indeed come to hate the way of life they have been integrated into. So they adopt intoleration often under the guise of being a fanatical religious zealot or as a member of a terrorist organization. They plan acts of violence towards the very nations that had given them an opportunity. But they target the people now because they're easier targets and mass killings of innocents are seen as victories for their twisted causes.
Such acts against their host nations are high treason and should be punished accordingly. Yet in these PC times they're often given legal representation to such a level that very shortly we find them back in court, after beginning their sentences, starting appeal proceedings. If there was any justice people on this earth who committed such acts wouldn't be physically here to start an appeal.

Hula.

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
So what do yall really think? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I was ready to hammer out all manner of vengeful ideas but they have all been covered. All I have left for ideas is a plan that incorporates all the mentioned punishments into one long punishment that must be funded by the family and friends of his cellmate, Big Bubba. I hope Bubba doesn't mind his friends and family having to foot the bill for his terrorist cellmate, that could cause some tension in the cell. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

X-CalBR8

Flashlight Enthusiast
@DieselDave: LOL. Yeah, we may not get the hanging that this scumbag so rightfully deserves, but I guess there *are* those 20 years of the "Bubba" factor to be figured in. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

The only bad part about this plan is that it will cost the tax payers millions of dollars over the course of the 20 year sentence and this is assuming that the creep doesn't get off in half that time on either parole or some stupid legal technicality...

k4jdn

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
BlindedByTheLite said:
i dunno..

just the thought alone of going to jail made me calm my lifestyle down drastically when i turned 18..

of course i'm not your typical lunatic going and cutting bridges down..

maybe i'm being light on him..

[/ QUOTE ]

How's your shoplifting case going?

Latest posts