• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FOR SALE -- "Super Needle"

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
FOR SALE -- \"Super Needle\"

This light has been renamed the Super Needle since it will be a one-off (although I reserve the right to make more in the future if I ever find more X3Ts -- or even better bins!).

The X3T-binned one-of-a-kind Super Needle is up for bid, with a portion of the winning proceeds going to CPF. This will end at 6 p.m. HST Saturday, which by then will be just TWO hours behind PST, or FIVE hours behind EST (just so no one has to stay up too late).

Thank you for your participation...

Yes, I know I said I would quit making Space Needles and I have (sorta). But there were a few pewter Mag 2C host bodies laying around, and a few heatsinks waiting to be sunk, and a coupla 5W HD emitters waiting to be set free from their pesky Stars. A coupla rather highly-binned emitters, I might add:

fab42f57.jpg

Yup, they were X3T's (theme from "Jaws" starts thumping in the background...)

Worried to death about heat, I pulled out all the stops and took out a double insurance policy by sticking in a double-high finned heatsink stack ("normal" Space Needles only get one about half as tall):

fab42f5e.jpg

Here it is next to my personal black-bodied Space Needle II keeper, the brightest and absolutely whitest example I have ever come across (up until now):

fab42f5d.jpg

Disclaimer: the following beamshot on the ceiling 20 feet above was taken with the digital camera turned down to its absolute lowest setting, which has a way of making even the brightest and whitest lights look awfully dim and green -- obviously the X3T Space Needle's beam is on the left:

fab42f62.jpg

I initially tried taking the beamshot with the camera on its normal auto setting and all I got was a big white washed-out rectangle...

And finally, the photo everyone's waiting for:

fab42f5b.jpg

Yes, that's a full, no-holds-barred 10,750 lux -- hey waitaminute, I didn't even put in the UCL lens yet...

MenaceSQL

Enlightened
Re: Rarest Space Needle Of Them All

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

Now how did I know at least one of these will be made? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Hmmm... there are two decapitated stars in the first pic... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

That's one sick looking heatsink you use for the SN's. WOW!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/faint.gif

MR Bulk

Flashaholic

Because you are a (psychic) Flashoholic?

kj

Enlightened

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Any idea on pricing?

B@rt

Flashaholic

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/faint.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast

ALOHA! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

You got my attention, Charlie!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

ufokillerz

Enlightened

nice work, wish i had a x3t =\ From the pictures of the heatsink i can already tell its a OLD STYLE mag =) 28mm

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast

Since no one else has officially claimed it, I'd like to be first in line.

kj

Enlightened

Oh, that's a good idea. Then I'm second /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

kinzli

Newly Enlightened

I'm interested too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif (PM sent a while ago)

McGizmo

Flashaholic

Ataboy Charlie! I knew you'd break the 10K barrier! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I guess the line is already too long...... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

- Don

LEDmodMan

Flashaholic*

Well, I'll be! Even more X3T's have shown up now... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif Hmm, they're batch 456, same work week, -1503. Thats close to the other two batches 451 and 452. Who got all of these to CPF members, and where did they come from... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rant.gif

There must be a source somewhere... :looking:

Oh, I see now, the MOTHERSHIP dropped them off last time it was here, that's what I was wondering... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sssh.gif

Great job Charlie, it was only a matter of time before a SN broke the 10,000 Lux barrier! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

BTW, that heatsink looks different than the ones from before. The emitter platform is raised on a sort of pedestal, while the older style ones had the threaded part directly attatched to the first platter. Where'd you get these heatsinks? The look like they may have been intended for the same application as the other ones were with that threaded end (I still have a few of those older ones BTW). I'm officially curious, PM me if you don't want to post it.

Hey who are you, and what are you doi... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/faint.gif

MR Bulk

Flashaholic

If you do a search on "heatsinks" you will come up with this exact same ONE (scroll about halfway down the page). Mine has been modified slightly to fit the light, of course...

MR Bulk

Flashaholic

BTW those of you jostling for line position (and I do appreciate it naturally) might want to Stay Tuned...since there is only one of these (the other X3T has been installed in my McLux-PR head) and I am awaiting a final decision (from one of my bosses) on how to dispose of this thing.

mut

Flashlight Enthusiast

This newbie is very interested too!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast

MR Bulk, I bet this thing would fit nicely into my mail box and 'disposed' of properly. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif