Z-bolt > 50 mW Portable Green Laser Module

vladuz

Newly Enlightened
I'm going nuts! I've been watchin' that photo for like 2 hours over and over! I need that thing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif !
Anyway.. pretty cool heat-sink right ?
https://secure1.nexternal.com/shared/StoreFront/default.asp?CS=jmm6360&BusType=BtoC&Count1=898052394&Count2=815192818&Target=products%2Easp&CategoryID=12
13605-GrnHandHeld75-500p.jpg

branny

Newly Enlightened
50mW!!!!!!
I just got a 5mW today from Ebay and that's bright as all hell, I'm talking beam of visible light at night, visible spot on trees over 1Km away. A 50mW would be a weapon!! (perhaps literally /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif)

Brandon.

shannow

Enlightened
Im trying to decide which one to buy, the zbolt 50mw or the
Space Coast Electronics 50mW OEM Green Laser-http://rememberedrats.home.att.net/sce1.htm . Can anyone shed some laser light?:p

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I've heard from at least four emails that Space Coast Electronics went down the {vulgar term for feces}bowl.
So that 50mW green laser I got from them could have been one of the last from that company. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif
If you go to http://www.spacecoastelectronics.com now, you'll get a message that it's "temporarily unavailable" or some such horse puckey.

sharkeeper

Enlightened
In the sticks of the Badlands of the East
[ QUOTE ]
On backorder 'til Nov. 15th.
> 50 mW Portable Green Laser Module

Not for use as a laser pointer !!
( Too bright for presentations, lectures, general use )

Constant on; constant off push button.
LED indicator when laser in operation.
Shutter for laser aperture.
Key control locking mechanism to control power supply. Prevents unauthorized use.
Two (2) C Cell batteries.
Key for interlock.
Free BTP - 1 Laser Ballpoint Pen with every purchase.
Technical Questions ? Ask our Lab Tech - Dwight Finney

This DPSS model is for professional use only. Uses include astronomy star pointing by registered clubs, societies, and observatories; special effects in the TV and movie industry; as a component in measuring and cutting tools, etc. Specifically designed for use by Federal and Local Law Enforcement; The US Armed Services; Corporate and University Labs; and the medical community.

* Legal Notice: This DPSS unit complies with the appropriate requirements of FDA 21CFR, section 1040.10 and 1040.11.
Class IIIb
Wavelength - 532 nm
Output - > 50 mW
Range - 45,000 ft.
Beam Divergence - < 1.2 mRad
Transverse Mode - TEM00
Beam Diameter - 1.5 mm
Operating Temp. - 15 - 35 C
Operating Mode - CW
180 day warranty

Purchase Orders Welcome Fax 603 - 309 - 6020

[/ QUOTE ]

Notice the name? Sound familiar? While this looks appeasing, I don't think I'm going to risk $500 on that!

Cheers!

shannow

Enlightened
Wow that was heaps of reading, very interesting. What worries me is that dwight never replied in Cheer n jeers thread to defend himself.. :/

I might lean towards buying the 15mw megalaser. It sells for $350 and the zbolt 15-20mw sells for $220. Something not right there.
Does anyone actually own the 50mw DPSS? Are they happy with it?