Surefire E2L outdoorsman - refurb advice

opmaroon

Newly Enlightened
I recently picked up an E2L (KX2 head) from Ebay. Think I got a pretty good deal at £29... very impressed with the color and beam pattern.

However, the clicky tailcap is broken. Only way to activate the light is to tighten both ends, then the clicky has no effect. The contacts in the cap had ended up at the wrong end, so it wouldn't screw on more than one turn. The I've taken it apart and fixed this so it screws on all the way but the clicky is still dead.

Am I correct that this should be a two-mode light?

Is there a replacement clicky I can buy? Any advice would be appreciated.

opmaroon

Newly Enlightened
Sorry, I failed to mention I'm looking for a 3rd party clicky. I really can't justify paying £41 + shipping for a SF one.

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry, I failed to mention I'm looking for a 3rd party clicky. I really can't justify paying £41 + shipping for a SF one.

Why wouldn't they at least cover the parts for you under their lifetime warranty?

Phil Ament

Enlightened

Oh, OK then. By the way that is 41 US dollars not British pounds, and you can most probably get them even cheaper than that elsewhere. I had mainly provided the link for all of the info that was on it as it shows the answer to your two-mode question, as well as the different model tailcaps that will suit it.

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Anything is possible in the second hand market but that light was never sold with a twisty switch.

Is there a retaining ring around the boot?
Or is the switch sorta domed on top maybe?