Purchased a MTE H8-2 What a crazy light in a good way.

Flashlightaholic

Newly Enlightened
Hi All,

I am new to the forum & admit to being a bit of a flashlight junkie owning several high powered torches.

However Iust purchased a MTE H8-2 from Australian agent www.batterymax.com.au

My first reaction is WOW... seen nothing quite like this beam. It puts out like a perfect circular beam with almost no spill....like a spotlight and excellent range

Does anyone else have or seen one of these torches ? & is it designed / built with this lense for a specific purpose in mind. I also bought a Fenix TK70 off the same guys at batterymax & it has crazy power that lights up everything.
Joined forum to do research, read reviews & see what other enthusiasts opinions are.

Cheers all
Chris

Craig K

Enlightened
Wow that perfect circular beam is just awesome I have seen nothing else like that.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
I have not seen that light before, but I have seen MTE on other sites like DX. What LED does this one use? I'm assuming an XM-L?

:welcome:

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Gunner on the website it says it uses an XM-L.

Been staring at lights for too long, because I've been blinded. It does say it uses an XM-L right on the site. How the heck did I miss that?

Seems like it has an optic, usually those give square beams, so it seems cool that this one has a nice round beam.

makapuu

Enlightened
Hi All,

I am new to the forum & admit to being a bit of a flashlight junkie owning several high powered torches.

However Iust purchased a MTE H8-2 from Australian agent www.batterymax.com.au

My first reaction is WOW... seen nothing quite like this beam. It puts out like a perfect circular beam with almost no spill....like a spotlight and excellent range

Does anyone else have or seen one of these torches ? & is it designed / built with this lense for a specific purpose in mind. I also bought a Fenix TK70 off the same guys at batterymax & it has crazy power that lights up everything.
Joined forum to do research, read reviews & see what other enthusiasts opinions are.

Cheers all
Chris

There is a light that projects the exact same beam.
It's called the ARCmania X6, it uses a 6 die Osram LED.
I own one, and I would advise against getting it.
My reason for that is because it uses a proprietary battery pack that costs a $100.00 to replace, not including shipping.
Which sooner or later will be unavailable.
The light itself retails for $500.00 not including shipping.
My battery pack died on me after only a year, it's a 7.2 volt NIMH cylinder.
The MTE is a much better choice considering it uses easily available 26650's batteries and it has a 3 year warranty.

Last edited:

Craig K

Enlightened
Been staring at lights for too long, because I've been blinded. It does say it uses an XM-L right on the site. How the heck did I miss that?

Seems like it has an optic, usually those give square beams, so it seems cool that this one has a nice round beam.

Yeah this light looks way cool that it has a nice round beam and not a square beam I might buy one of these.

Flashlightaholic

Newly Enlightened
Found a pretty informative review on a German forum for the MTE H8-2 here-------> Review MTE H8-2 Circular Beam I just had to translate it to English. Some good info, photos as well as beam shots.
Been using mine plenty...does not seem to get hot at all & still the batteries are still going strong on the initial charge.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Woah, really nice beam, round and very even. I've gotta find out how it does that.

From the review, it says the light draws 1.3 A from 2 26650 batteries, so it should be pushing around 2.5-2.9 A to the LED after driver losses, pretty well driven. Also seems well heatsinked with the fins on the head.

bedazzLED

Enlightened
Hi Flashlightaholic.

I had a look at this light and it certainly looks good but I have one question. What are the supplied batteries like? Are they just a xxfire battery brand and do they have a protection circuit?

A little worried about getting a generic, noname brand with no protection circuit, and since we cannot get IMR 26650's shipped out to Australia (unless we pay $50+ shipping), I'm a little hesitant on getting this light.

Norm

Retired Administrator
and since we cannot get IMR 26650's shipped out to Australia (unless we pay $50+ shipping), I'm a little hesitant on getting this light.
Who is quoting $50 + shipping? all the cells I've ordered have included free shipping or a very minimal charged.

Norm

ledmitter_nli

Flashlight Enthusiast
Found a pretty informative review on a German forum for the MTE H8-2 here-------> Review MTE H8-2 Circular Beam I just had to translate it to English. Some good info, photos as well as beam shots.
Been using mine plenty...does not seem to get hot at all & still the batteries are still going strong on the initial charge.

This MTE brand and their 1,000 lumen torches has me intrigued to say the least.

super beamshots on that H8! :eek: Olight just got owned.

Last edited by a moderator: