Crelant 7G5 V2 vs Sunwayman T40CS

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm aware that this thread has been done before, but unlike those threads I'm not wondering which one is the better thrower - they're both close enough in brightness and throw that I don't really care which one has a minuscule edge. I'm more wondering about the rest of the light :whistle: So here are the things I like about each one:

7G5 V2
~$20 cheaper
Can be shortened to 1x18650
Optional aspheric head

T40CS
Seems to be the higher quality light
Comes with holster
Better UI

Any opinions? Throw and brightness aside, which do you think is better?:anyone:

ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS

Enlightened
I would say it's safe to say that the better quality light out of the 2 would be no doubt in my mind the T40CS. I have the T40CS and I also have the Crelant 7G5 original version. I have played around with the Crelant 7G5 V2 since my buddy Rick has one. If I had to pick between any of these, the Sunwayman T40CS would be my choice. I like the finish on the T40CS and the switch is better. It just feels good in your hand. My T40CS is one of my favorite lights.

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Sunwayman T40CS XM-L U2 arrived and it no longer has the nice dark brown/grey finish, which I had seen in some earlier T6 models. My unit is a very dark grey/black finish, which is equally good. After opening the box, I immediately placed it in line next to all my other single XM-L throwers and noticed that it is a little shorter in length. I particularly like this, as smaller lights that pack a punch impress me.

The manufacturer's specs are a little higher than the original T6 version and I am happy to say that the additional Lumen output and Lux is a welcome addition.

High 845 Lumens (2hrs) Medium 220Lumens (8hrs) Low 20Lumens (60hrs)

I concur with the excellent regulated runtime of 2 hours on high using 2 x AW 18650 3100mAh cells and I would expect my Redilast and Eagletac 18650 3100mAh cells to have a similar performance. It is nice to see that the manufacturer's specs are accurate.

Although many may have seen images of this light, it is quite different from owning one, as I do not believe that the photos do it justice. I feel that words alone cannot fully convey the quality of this light and the hard anodizing is outstanding. I am an advocate of flat stainless steel bezel rings and this does not disappoint. The styling around the head is a nice disguise for good heat dissipation, as this light is driven harder than all of my other 2 x 18650 single XM-L throwers, yet it manages to sustain a longer runtime while still maintaining onto excellent regulation. This is quite an achievement for a production light. I have only ever been able to replicate this type of performance while making a new copper heat sink.

I really like the beam profile of my unit, as it does not have the rings, which are present in my Crelant 7G5 V2 and other T40CS T6 units. I am also incredibly pleased with the tint. I would consider the colour temperature of 6500k to be a brilliant cool white. Mine is a rather impressive 55,200 Lux and although this is not my best thrower in it's class (2x18650 single XM-L reflector thrower) the difference is not significant. To put things into perspective, if I could keep only one light that used 2 x 18650 XM-L thrower, then it would be my newly acquired Sunwayman T40CS U2.