Is there a flashlight version of ZebraLight H502

iocheretyanny

Enlightened
I really like the 260 lumens with single AA, but want flashlight instead of headlight form factor.

Also description for ZebraLight H502 says 260 Ansi lumens but even brighter with L91 lithium. Does any one know hoe bright?

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast
The H502 can be used as a flashlight, using your thumb on the button on top, like a right-angle flashlight would work.
I have read some anecdotal reports that it seemed as bright with an L91 as another full-flood flashlight by Peak that was around 300 lumens.

The problem is that the beam is so widely dispersed that it goes beyond what is normally considered "flood", and therefore there is very very short distance of "throw", measured in a matter of a few yards. It is an extremely short distance light that just spreads its large amount of lumens over such a wide area that it doesn't go very far at all, and the brightness level is very minimal all over.

I was interested in this light, but I'm concerned that it is too specialized as a very short range personal task light that isn't well suited for hardly anything else.
I would recommend having a personal audition with this light in person, so you can see exactly what it does, and if it is right for you.

GordoJones88

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm really wish there was a SC502 that uses a reflector, has a much better clip (deep-carry-screw-on), but without the super-duper-flood, and without the glow-in-the-dark-green-kajigger. So, um, well, nevermind.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
I they could probably use the Xm-L T6 and U2 bin (280 or 300 lumen at 700 mA) to hit 260 lumen OTF, there's no reflector losses so that is one less surface to loose light on meaning more light probably makes it out the front.

It'll be nice if they made the SC51 and H51 with an XM-L emitter, would also give a more floody beam so it would work better as a headlamp. I'd love to see their High CRI lights use a Nichia emitter instead of the Luxeon Rebel. IMO the warm white Rebel is too yellow (It does make wood look brown instead of grey).

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe you should go with the ZL SC-51, in either cool white or neutral. The cool white one has a high of 200L and the neutral is 170L. Thats with an AA battery. They use the XP-G, but have a fairly small diameter and fairly shallow reflector, so the throw to flood ratio should be good. It should be less floody than the SC600.

A 200L light that runs on 1-AA is pretty impressive! PLus its got 7 brightness settings.

iocheretyanny

Enlightened
Maybe you should go with the ZL SC-51, in either cool white or neutral. The cool white one has a high of 200L and the neutral is 170L. Thats with an AA battery. They use the XP-G, but have a fairly small diameter and fairly shallow reflector, so the throw to flood ratio should be good. It should be less floody than the SC600.

A 200L light that runs on 1-AA is pretty impressive! PLus its got 7 brightness settings.

That is exactly what want the SC51 but newer generation - brighter at 260 lumens instead of 200.

Chip

Newly Enlightened
I really like the 260 lumens with single AA, but want flashlight instead of headlight form factor.

Also description for ZebraLight H502 says 260 Ansi lumens but even brighter with L91 lithium. Does any one know hoe bright?

Zebralight SC52 is what you're looking for. It also takes 14500. My friend at work had one, i put my 14500 on there and it seemed brighter to me, but using the standard AA it was very bright. I'd love to get one soon but I might get the Headlamp 502.