Olight M20X Warrior Questions

ds960

Newly Enlightened
Fellow CPF'ers,

I just ordered the flashlight in the title, and should have it by the end of the week. This will be my first foray into a serious EDC tactical light. I have used a 4 Sevens Preon 1 for a while, and I'm really impressed by so much light in a small form factor. I have read many reviews on the Olight, everybody seems to really like it overall. Did I make a wise choice? Picked it up on Fleabay, for 67$, supposed to be 100% NIB.

My question centers on batteries, mostly. I will be getting a couple of AW 18650's from Lighthound, and the Pila charger.

When I get the batteries, are they fully charged? Should I charge them before using? Can I put them in the charger before bed? I'd hate to wake up in a pile of ashes...sorry I'm a newb...should I just stick with CR123A Primaries? I have a Fluke multimeter to check voltages with.

If anyone else can provide answers to my questions or additional advice, all are most welcome!

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast
They should come with a 3.7v (50%) storage charge, but you can check with your multimeter. I wouldn't recommend charging them overnight, even though there's a only small chance of something going wrong, it's a good idea to keep an eye on them while charging.

Lou Minescence

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi ds960,
From reading your post you have done your homework and you know the answer.
I'd charge the battery before any serious use and would prefer charging the battery while I was awake. You can charge it while sleeping ( I've done it ) but why chance trouble unless you have to.

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is safer to charge the batteries while you are awake and nearby. AW is a good choice.