Olights I1, I2, & I3. Is there a better way to attach things to the tail? Inc photos.

Oztorchfreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Olights I1, I2, & I3. Is there a better way to attach things to the tail? Inc photos.

I have always used the ITP range of smaller flashlights as easy carry EDC lights and the attachment point was always on the middle of the rear end and was very simple.

But you could not tailstand those lights, not that many users would want to but some do.

Olight has discontinued making the ITP range of products and have started making their own Olight branded range similar to the old ITP range of lights.

These being the I1, I2 & I3 flashlights.

I have not found an easy way to attach another ring or lanyard to these lights because the attachment point is recessed and makes the rings stick out at an awkward angle making the light hang at a strange angle on a lanyard.

I like wearing the old ITP A3 on a lanyard hanging around my neck all of the time.

For the life of me I can't find an easy or hard way to attach anything to these new Olight lights!

I am taking some close-up photos to add here to see if anyone else has a solution to a horrible attachment design.

I have taken a group of photos showing the tailcap attachment points on an Olight I1 Black, Olight I1 Stainless Steel and an ITP A3 EOS that I still wear on a lanyard around my neck.

To make it clear the newer Olight I series are like the light on the left.

The older ITP lights are on the right side.

IMG_6739.jpg

IMG_6731.jpg

IMG_6721.jpg

IMG_6641.jpg

IMG_6603.jpg

IMG_6588.jpg

IMG_6576.jpg

IMG_6563.jpg

IMG_6560.jpg

IMG_6541.jpg

IMG_6786.jpg

Cheers :shrug:

Last edited:

jcalvert

Enlightened
Re: Olights I1, I2, & I3. Is there a better way to attach things to the tail? Inc pho

Click here for an option that will work perfectly for small attachment points like these new Olights as well as cameras, cell phones, etc. Or I found in Oz, the same item that Lighthound carries here at wristband.com. Also in Oz, craft superstores like Hobby Lobby in the U.S. will likely carry these, found in the jewelry-making department. With either product, simply remove the split ring and hopefully these should thread through the attachment hole.

Another option that is a bit more involved is using Type 1 Accessory Cord (1.6mm diameter) to make a constrictor knot with a draw loop as seen on page 16 here. A draw loop could also be incorporated into a much more decorative "Turk's Head" knot. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me. Good luck!

Peace,
John