120m Beamshot Comparison Thread

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm going to add more to this as I go, but my selection of lights that will light up 120m away is somewhat minimal :)

All the photos were taken with an iPhone 4S on HDR mode, and the exposure increased by 1 in Photshop.

First up, the brightest light I own :)

55W HID Spotlight (7" reflector)
55W.jpg

Mac's Customs 3300L (High CRI - 2500 Lumens nominally)
3300L.jpg

Fire-Foxes FFIII
FFIII.jpg

Jetbeam M1X v1 (the bare minimum for this range)
m1x.jpg

Ultrafire HD2010 (awesome bang-for-buck thrower)
IMG_3583.JPG

Trustfire TR-J12 w/ KD "Beast Driver" (holy cow that's a lotta light - cheapest way into 4000 lumens at this point)
IMG_3586.JPG

ElektroLumens ST90 Search&Rescue
Photo%25207-09-12%252020%252057%252059.jpg

Last edited:

N10

Newly Enlightened
always preferred "real world" beamshots to white wall or indoor ones!.. i guess the grainy texture is due to the use of high ISO. great job!

TEEJ

Flashaholic
Nice!

BTW - Was the +1 adjustment to make it look more like it did to you on the field that night, etc?

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow - a bump of a year-old thread - and a sad reminder of how I haven't bought any lights this year that can hit this range :(

Always appreciate beam shots. They add a level of reality to flashlight articles. Out of curiosity, can you replicate your work on another TR-J12 and if so, what would you charge? By the way, nice work.

I don't do mods services, sorry - I have 10 thumbs and a knack for breaking things. This one is a pretty easy mod to try yourself, though.

Nice!

BTW - Was the +1 adjustment to make it look more like it did to you on the field that night, etc?

Pretty much. The photos looked a bit dull otherwise and didn't really reflect the true nature of the beams. There's only so much you can capture with an iPhone :)