NiteCore D11 v1 versus D11 v2

HooNz

Enlightened
Hi could anyone be bothered with taking a picture of the inside of the head of a D11 v2 or even if one has the whole pcb out both sides? and of course posting it up , i'll do like wise .
I would like to know how the battery drain drama was fixed and if it could be ported over to the old v1 , i'm sorta getting tired of it eating batteries when it's not doing anything:oops: .
Cheers , Paul .

Espionage Studio

Enlightened
I had a V2 and as far as I know the drain issue was fixed. I have a broken V2 here I have neglected to send in yet for warranty repair. Here are a couple shots for ya.

IMG_1475.jpg

IMG_1476.jpg

Last edited:

HooNz

Enlightened
imgp0004pe.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Thanks a heap ES , yes the drain issue was fixed up on the v2 , It looks like the whole board is different , i'll post a pic of the old v1 just for comparison .

Bummer .

I recall that when i got the v1 , the v2 was released a few days later .

cheers......

Last edited:

bobjane

Enlightened
I don't believe the battery drain issue was separated by the v1 and v2. Reason being I had an EX11 v2 that was pulling around 4 milliamps while off, that particular light is currently back at Nitecore having its driver replaced.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
My D11 v2 seems to have no excessive drain. I did have to trade one in because of strange mode switching, however. I'm glad I didn't give up on the light, as I consider it one of my best. Great UI and a good battery vampire, too.

Geoff