Older SureFire Weapon Light Questions

pezboy

Newly Enlightened
I am having a hard time finding specific information about older SureFire weapon lights. Here are some things I am wondering about:

When were knurled and non knurled L60 adapters used?

When did they start selling the 660 and similar rifle/carbine lights?

When did they start putting SureFire and the serial number on the Bezel?

When did they start putting WWW.SUREFIRE.COM on the tail cap?

When did they start selling the A21 body and L36 bezel lights?

When did they start selling the A25 mount?

Thanks,

Dustin

Last edited:

Size15's

Flashaholic
Those are tricky for me to answer and I doubt I could be definitive like I get the impression you're after. I'd have to spend quite a bit of time researching and I'm not sure who at SureFire is still in a position to dig around their records. Why is it important? It may help get some answers...

Justin Case

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am having a hard time finding specific information about older SureFire weapon lights. Here are some things I am wondering about:

When were knurled and non knurled L60 adapters used?

When did they start selling the 660 and similar rifle/carbine lights?

When did they start putting SureFire and the serial number on the Bezel?

When did they start putting WWW.SUREFIRE.COM on the tail cap?

When did they start selling the A21 body and L36 bezel lights?

When did they start selling the A25 mount?

Thanks,

Dustin

I don't have exact dates, but I can bracket some for you.

I purchased an A21 adapter around 1995-1996, just prior to the introduction of the 3P. When you say "L60 adapters", do you mean the adapter collar that is part of the LU60? See here for a photo of one that I bought in 1995-1996 along with the A21.

Buddies of mine owned Colt carbines with Model 660 weaponlights at least as far back as 1996, and no doubt they were available earlier than that.

When you say "A25 mount", do you mean the M25 mount that clamps to a Colt carbine's front sight tower? I've seen those in 1996 as well.

pezboy

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the info. I am asking to figure out what weapon light would be correct for different time periods. My purpose is for US Military weapons back to the early 90s and earlier. The more recent lights and major differences I pretty much figured out from pics and catalogs. One big question is what lights would have been used by Rangers and Delta in 1993 in Somalia. The pictures aren't very clear but they look like 6Ps, not sure how they were attached to the rifle.
Thanks,
Dustin

Kestrel

Flashaholic
I would recommend sending a PM to angelofwar. He knows more about SureFire weaponlights than just about anybody else around here, and he likes the retro SF stuff as well. He'd be your best bet at this point.

Netherlander

Newly Enlightened
What endcap with cable do you need to get the oldstyle Surefire 660 (with Surefire A12 and L36)????