Where is the dorcy 1-aaa??

BT1324

Newly Enlightened
I can't find the dorcy 1-aaa anywhere, walmart doesnt even have it, where can i get one? Thx (Trying to add to my small collection of keychain or small flashlights)

robk

Enlightened
I checked a few WalMart's in central FL, no Dorcy 1AAA. They did carry a Dorcy incandescent small light, that's it. I'd be interested too, to find a source.
Thanks,
Rob

C

Cosmic Superchunk

I just checked 3 Walmarts in my area and none have the Dorcys yet. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I did get one of those new Garrity LED lights. Interesting concept, but it's got the most horrible beam I've ever seen in an LED light. It's going back for sure.

Empath

Flashaholic
I don't think Walmart projected their sales correctly on the Dorcy AAA, and initial supplies couldn't satisfy demand. Unless you can find them elsewhere, it'll probably just be a waiting game.

BT1324

Newly Enlightened
sigh, then i guess ill just have to wait like everybody else. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif Thx for the info tho, didnt wanna go crazy lookin for the lights hehe.

lak

Newly Enlightened
Has anyone seen one in Canada? Walmart here does not seem to carry any Dorcy flashlights at all. I got the 1AA 3LEDs at Home Hardware; but they do not carry the 1AAAs.

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will make a trip to the local Wal-Mart here and see what they have. They have them some of the time, and if they have any I will pick them up.

-Mike

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
My local Wal-Mart has a slot on the rack for them
They have not been there for over a month now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rant.gif It could be time to put that red LS that I have laying around in a Inova X1.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
What colors look decent then? I don't want something to stand out too much. Red is nice but I want something less "flashy"..

Ratus

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Empath said:
..., it'll probably just be a waiting game.

[/ QUOTE ]

[homer]...Oh, the waiting game sucks! Lets play Hungry, Hungry Hippos.[/homer]

I bought three blue ones at the wal-mart near me.

Blue is a nice color, matches the blue mini-"Ontario Aluminum" I have.

Why only three? Its all they had! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Illuminated

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Flying Turtle said:
I got a blue one that looks good. I don't think it is made in black.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, they are made in black, but I only found one. I like it. Not sure if it's anodized or powder-coated.

John

camper

Newly Enlightened
I got a red one at a Wall Mart just outside of Cleveland.They had about fifteen of them. Cute little light.For a t-1 it has pretty good light. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif What I can't find are the Nextstar bulbs for my Brinkman Black Max. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Al_Havemann

Enlightened
I picked up a pair at Walmart in Myrtle Beach on Rt. 501. A silver and a red, I paid 5.95 each. Bright little things, much brighter than my ARC AAA and hardly any larger!

Impressive little light!. I was EDCing my Micro Illuminator but I'll carry the Dorcy now instead since it just about as bright and I can afford to lose it.

Al

Cmoore

Enlightened
A new Wall-Mart opened up near where I live the end of last month. There were only 4 of the Dorcy AAAs left in only red and blue. I bought one of each color. I must say that I'm not overly impressed with this light despite its low price. I'd go with a CMG Sonic at a little more than twice the Dorcy's price if I couldn't get an ARC AAA. These Dorcy AAAs appear to be made by the same outfit in Taiwan that is making the UZI branded LED lights being sold by many internet knife delears. The Dorcey's AAA construction to include the rubber on the handle and bezel plus the tail switch are the same as found on many, probably most or perhaps nearly all, of the UZI branded LED lights. The Dorcey AAA lights appear to work fine; but, it's quite apparent to me that their construction quality is no where that of the Sonic and expecially the ARC AAA. But, what do realistically expect for $6?