Imalent        
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where is the dorcy 1-aaa??

Flashaholic

Default Where is the dorcy 1-aaa??

I can't find the dorcy 1-aaa anywhere, walmart doesnt even have it, where can i get one? Thx (Trying to add to my small collection of keychain or small flashlights)

Flashaholic*

Default Re: Where is the dorcy 1-aaa??

I checked a few WalMart's in central FL, no Dorcy 1AAA. They did carry a Dorcy incandescent small light, that's it. I'd be interested too, to find a source.
    Thanks,
    Rob

I was just at a grand-opening of a near-by Wal*Mart. They must have had 10 of 'em on the rack. Probably a regional item.

Cosmic Superchunk

I just checked 3 Walmarts in my area and none have the Dorcys yet. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I did get one of those new Garrity LED lights. Interesting concept, but it's got the most horrible beam I've ever seen in an LED light. It's going back for sure.

I don't think Walmart projected their sales correctly on the Dorcy AAA, and initial supplies couldn't satisfy demand. Unless you can find them elsewhere, it'll probably just be a waiting game.

Flashaholic

sigh, then i guess ill just have to wait like everybody else. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif[/img] Thx for the info tho, didnt wanna go crazy lookin for the lights hehe.

Has anyone seen one in Canada? Walmart here does not seem to carry any Dorcy flashlights at all. I got the 1AA 3LEDs at Home Hardware; but they do not carry the 1AAAs.

Flashaholic*

I just bought all (7) from my local Wally World...

John

I'd buy a black one if you got one. Thanks

Yes I'm looking for a black one too. Can anyone help! If not black then silver...

I will make a trip to the local Wal-Mart here and see what they have. They have them some of the time, and if they have any I will pick them up.

-Mike

Flashaholic*

My local Wal-Mart has a slot on the rack for them
    They have not been there for over a month now. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rant.gif[/img] It could be time to put that red LS that I have laying around in a Inova X1.

Flashaholic*

Just FYI - the silver one wasn't appealing at all - looked unappealing and plasticky.

What colors look decent then? I don't want something to stand out too much. Red is nice but I want something less "flashy"..

I got a blue one that looks good. I don't think it is made in black.

Flashaholic

[ QUOTE ]
    Empath said:
    ..., it'll probably just be a waiting game.

[/ QUOTE ]

[homer]...Oh, the waiting game sucks! Lets play Hungry, Hungry Hippos.[/homer]

I bought three blue ones at the wal-mart near me.

Blue is a nice color, matches the blue mini-"Ontario Aluminum" I have.

Why only three? Its all they had! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Flashaholic*

[ QUOTE ]
    Flying Turtle said:
    I got a blue one that looks good. I don't think it is made in black.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, they are made in black, but I only found one. I like it. Not sure if it's anodized or powder-coated.

John

Unenlightened

I got a red one at a Wall Mart just outside of Cleveland.They had about fifteen of them. Cute little light.For a t-1 it has pretty good light. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] What I can't find are the Nextstar bulbs for my Brinkman Black Max. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Flashaholic

I picked up a pair at Walmart in Myrtle Beach on Rt. 501. A silver and a red, I paid 5.95 each. Bright little things, much brighter than my ARC AAA and hardly any larger!

Impressive little light!. I was EDCing my Micro Illuminator but I'll carry the Dorcy now instead since it just about as bright and I can afford to lose it.

Al

Flashaholic

A new Wall-Mart opened up near where I live the end of last month. There were only 4 of the Dorcy AAAs left in only red and blue. I bought one of each color. I must say that I'm not overly impressed with this light despite its low price. I'd go with a CMG Sonic at a little more than twice the Dorcy's price if I couldn't get an ARC AAA. These Dorcy AAAs appear to be made by the same outfit in Taiwan that is making the UZI branded LED lights being sold by many internet knife delears. The Dorcey's AAA construction to include the rubber on the handle and bezel plus the tail switch are the same as found on many, probably most or perhaps nearly all, of the UZI branded LED lights. The Dorcey AAA lights appear to work fine; but, it's quite apparent to me that their construction quality is no where that of the Sonic and expecially the ARC AAA. But, what do realistically expect for $6?

Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia, Canada http://tinyurl.com/8zu5t

Hamburger or steak? They both satisfy in different ways.

Flashaholic*

I just got 6 at my wally world 2 gold 2 red and 2 blue. If anybody is interested. I had my doubts at first about the tail switch but the lanyard bail was interfering with smooth operation on a large split ring. It has a decent switch,Very comfortable in the hand using your thumb to actuate,just fits my paw. For $6 bucks it makes a nice little christmas gift to give to your local delivery guy that brings you more flashlights or any body that isn't a diehard flashaholic.It isn't going to challenge ARC or CMG for quality or perfectly centered beam but 6 Dorcys for the price of 1 of them is a good buy IMO

Flashaholic

[ QUOTE ]
    lak said:
    Has anyone seen one in Canada? Walmart here does not seem to carry any Dorcy flashlights at all. I got the 1AA 3LEDs at Home Hardware; but they do not carry the 1AAAs.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right, WM just appear to have Garrity LED ones up here for now at least.
    I was into a WalMart in Springville NY couple weekends ago on a trip to PA, they had lots. I bought 4, a couple Energizer Trailfinders, plus several 4LED 2D cell Brinkmans (Xmas gifts).
    I will be in Port Huron & Detroit MI this weekend & will check there too, may get a couple more AAA's for stocking stuffers, neat cheap little light. If you're anywhere close to me I could p/u one/some for ya [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I can't think of anyplace else here in Ontario to check for them...

Unenlightened

They got about 20 in Enterprise, AL Walmart. I picked one up when I first saw them about 4 weeks ago. They've gone through a good number since I first saw them on the shelves.

Unenlightened

Dorcy AAA LED is part of Walmart's sporting goods modular. They are having a hard time keeping them in stock.

Any True Value Hardware store can order them for you, their part number is - 563-976.

Unenlightened

The AAA is available in silver, red, blue and gold <font color="red"> </font> <font color="red"> </font>

Unenlightened

AAA is only available in Red, Silver, Blue and Gold

Then where are these black ones coming from people talk about? I want one! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Flashaholic*

Durn. My wife took one look and TOOK my silver one.

grrrrr.

I now have one of each color. The Walmart here in Houston at the corner of BW8 (Sam Houston Tollway) and Wallisville Rd. had at least 20 today, and I completed a 4 color collection with the purchase of a Gold one.

I feel the only drawback is a VERY easy to turn tailcap. I think I'll try a thicker o-ring.

I'm also planning to mix and match heads and tails on different colored bodies. Maybe silver and blue/ Gold and red....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast