​Lumintop L1A vs. Nitecore EA1

ouchyfoot

Newly Enlightened
I've got Itchy purchasing fingers again. I have both of these lights in my sights. I just can't decide.
Does anyone have any hands on experience with these two lights? I know the EA1 is newer on the market and seems to be well received. Both are 14500 capable, which is what 1 want to run. XP-G in both. The lumintop has a slightly bigger head diameter. Electronic ui in the nitecore.

What should I do? ( get both is not an acceptable answer)
... Just a bit of insight would be appreciated.

SHADE02

Newly Enlightened
I have had the LUMINTOP l1a, for a few months already and i am about to receive the ea1, so far the l1a has been great, beatiful beam pattern and good throw,
once the nitecore arrive, I will post again with more info about the two

p.s. s.f.m.b.e.

ouchyfoot

Newly Enlightened
Great. Thanks. I have the new Sunwayman C15A in the mail, so it's kind of like the 14500 roundup.

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
All those three are great lights!

I too plan to order the C15A, even if i recently purchased a C20C. Nifty little 14500 light! The EA1 is a pretty good thrower for a 14500 light, if im not mistaken, might throw a bit better than the L1A. I own a L1C which has exactly the same size head as the L1A version, the LED doesnt seem to be driven hard, i guess to make its runtime better and so it wont heat up too much. UI's great on the EA1, just be wary of concerns about this explorer line from Nitecore.

ouchyfoot

Newly Enlightened
[QUOTE, just be wary of concerns about this explorer line from Nitecore.[/QUOTE]

What concerns would those be? I hace an EC2, and so far I'm really digging it. That's why I'm interested in the EC1.

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
[QUOTE, just be wary of concerns about this explorer line from Nitecore.

What concerns would those be? I hace an EC2, and so far I'm really digging it. That's why I'm interested in the EC1.[/QUOTE]

Oh about the waterproof issues with the light. Not all have those issues, but since its a hit-or-miss affair, might not want to risk dunking that in water or getting it excessively wet.

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
its the ring on the front bezel, also possible is the waterproof glue used on the button panel.

there's a threat here about this.