FourSevens        
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Peak Eiger Questions

Default Re: Peak Eiger Questions

Quote Originally Posted by Costetl View Post
    It's a "momentary switch". It's not meant to be used to get full blast for a long period of time. If u want high long, twist the head. It also depends on the body. If its non QTC, it's just on or off. I recommend picking up a new QTC switch. If you are interested in one of the new ones, please PM me

| Sent from my iPhone 4S |
    My momentary switch does ramp up from dim to bright so does that mean that I have one of the new ones?

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by VeloWeave View Post
    My momentary switch does ramp up from dim to bright so does that mean that I have one of the new ones?
    Yes.
    Peakaholic!

How do I properly remove the o-ring from my peak eiger w/momentary? I want to install a prometheus clip to it and instructions say to remove o-ring before installing then replace the o-ring after installing.

The o-ring is on there pretty good, do I need to use a pair of tweezers to wiggle it off?
    Last edited by VeloWeave; 04-13-2013 at 01:35 PM.

How do I properly remove the o-ring from my peak eiger w/momentary? I want to install a prometheus clip to it and instructions say to remove o-ring before installing then replace the o-ring after installing.

The o-ring is on there pretty good, do I need to use a pair of tweezers to wiggle it off?
    I managed to do that without any tools. Be careful though, that o-ring is quite thin...

Quote Originally Posted by horgerg View Post
    I managed to do that without any tools. Be careful though, that o-ring is quite thin...
    Did you just use your fingers and fingernails?

Did you just use your fingers and fingernails?
    Yes, I carefully rolled it over the threads with my fingers. I'm not saying it's easy, but definitely possible to do. :-)

Flashaholic*

I use a toothpick.
    Funniest CPF thread ever. I promise it'll make your day.

Quote Originally Posted by dudemar View Post
    I use a toothpick.
    Great! I just did it with my fingers. Got it installed and it works great. The clip seems to be just tight enough but not too tight. If it loosens up any I might have to take it off and put it on upside down and bend it a little and then re-install it but for now it's great. I'm running it clipped to my belt loop for now. Will either go there or clipped in my front pocket.

Hey anybody know if I should re-lube the threads with anything. I noticed they were ever so slightly lubed but I think I've rubbed off most of it while taking off the o-ring. If so what kind of lube do you use for this type of application? Can I use my Mil-Comm TW25 that came with my Sig Sauer?

I normally use Nyo-gel for my flashlight o-rings. I'm not too familiar with Mil-Comm, but you should be OK so long as you use something that won't affect plastic/rubber. For the purposes of waterproofing, though, I would probably tend more towards a grease rather than a standard firearms lube (i.e., I often use Hoppes grease on my guns. If I had to I might use this on O-rings after researching whether it would negatively effect the rubber rings).

Hope that makes sense!

Flashaholic*

Can I use my Mil-Comm TW25 that came with my Sig Sauer?
    Yes, provided it is used sparingly. It is dielectric and too much will interfere with current. TW25B does a great job lubricating threads. It also appears to protect o-rings quite well.
    Peakaholic!

Quote Originally Posted by Dances with Flashlight View Post
    Yes, provided it is used sparingly. It is dielectric and too much will interfere with current. TW25B does a great job lubricating threads. It also appears to protect o-rings quite well.
    Thanks! I'll use it when I'm in a pinch. I ordered some NyoGel 760G this morning and it should be here Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoman View Post

Wow, what are those little things that look awesome? That horseshoe looking shackle thing is crazy intense, and I love it. Are those battery holsters? Where do I get 'em? Are they Peak LED Solutions?

Is there a way I can buy one of these lights without that QTC stuff? I'd rather just have it one mode, on and off if possible. I'm considering this, or the AA El Capitan, but trying to find a non-QTC momentary switches. Should I order from em-mgt or what? Thanks in advance for putting up with all my questions.

Eneloops, Oveready sells delrin caps that make your extra bodies into cell holders. Easy to swap the head to get a fresh cell. They sell the "non-QTC" lights. I only buy my Peaks from Oveready - they'll ship internationally and I like the special heads they have. The mini bow shackle is SS and is from Berkeley Point.

In addition to this Nichia 219 mule, I have a large optic XP-G2 4000k on an AAA body, non-QTC and momentary switch. Steamlight stylus pro clip fits perfectly. Very long for an AAA, but rock solid and great.
    Last edited by yoyoman; 05-12-2013 at 02:31 AM.

Thanks for dropping your knowledge, yoyoman. It's looking like I'm going to have to delve into the world of 10180 / 10280 and it's looking like Peak LED Solutions might be the answer. I like the mini bow shackle, it looks like it belongs on that lug-body. Imitation is the highest flattery, so I'm going to copy off you. You know what's up.

Eneloops, The downside of the 10180 is the short runtime on high. But it easy to carry a spare cell. The Peaks rock on Li-ion cells. They can handle the extra voltage without a problem. Much brighter than alkaleaks, lithium primaries or eneloops. The long AAA body with the momentary switch is nice, but it is long - longer than an AA twisty. The 10180 are tiny and you need a special charger. Just using a normal charger with spacers can ruin or at least reduce the useful life of the cells. Iluumination Supply sells the charger from the Quantum DD and D2. That's a nice light, too. But I prefer the Peak Eigers from Oveready. Cottonpickers also makes a charger. I don't have a 10280 and that may be a good compromise. Still small and with more runtime. And, yes I love those bow shackles, especially on these little Peaks.

Love those mini bow shackles too. Shame Berkeley Point has a $30 minimum order ... I can't see ordering 5 of them when I only need one or two.

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoman View Post
    The mini bow shackle is SS and is from Berkeley Point.

Bringing this thread back as I just got my first Peak and I have a few questions. I got a pocket body HA with the high cri medium head with QTC. I think I've read that the high cri output is going to be less than the cool white and also have less runtime. I pretty much use eneloops and I'm trying to figure out which light to get next. I'm thinking steel lug body hi cri but no QTC. Anyone run a hi cri on eneloops without QTC? Which level did you go with and any idea of runtime and output? Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12