LEDLENSER light ?

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Re: LEDLENSOR light ?

This thread might be a good read.

From what I've read, they seem to have improved from the past when they were single mode, unregulated, and stated insane runtimes (70+ hour at 200 lumen with 4 AAA? Maybe for the first hour or so).

Might get one myself for the focusing mechanism if there's a sale.

yliu

Enlightened

I do not recommend LedLensers.

I had a P7, dropped it from around 1.5meter onto concrete, and stopped working. I also have the M7, and I do not like the UI, It has brightness ramping but the lowest setting is way too bright and I feel like it's a hassle to use the rather complicated UI.

They still use the old XRE emitters, and the build quality is quite disappointing for the price.

For the MSPR price they ask for, you can get a higher quality light that uses more up to date technology.

crizyal

Enlightened

I attended a game fair the other day and there was a booth full of LED Lensers. I stopped there to check them out and the person at the booth proclaimed they were the best flashlight in the world. I laughed. He said he was serious. He went on to tell me how much better they were than Surefire. I asked him if he had ever heard of Candle Power Forums. He said that he had. I then asked him what he thought of the lack of favor for LED Lensers here. He said that you never know who pays who to say what here. I laughed again and walked away.

tolkaze

Enlightened

I attended a game fair the other day and there was a booth full of LED Lensers. I stopped there to check them out and the person at the booth proclaimed they were the best flashlight in the world. I laughed. He said he was serious. He went on to tell me how much better they were than Surefire. I asked him if he had ever heard of Candle Power Forums. He said that he had. I then asked him what he thought of the lack of favor for LED Lensers here. He said that you never know who pays who to say what here. I laughed again and walked away.

Hahaha, I have had the same conversation with an australian retailer claiming the merits of LL. Not going to directly bash LL, but Having owned a P7 before, and at the time, carrying a Malkoff in a 6P with a mcclicky, I showed him a few differences. He still claimed that LL were the best and that my combo is overated and flimsy in comparison. Meh, I know what I like, and I know what works, so thats why I don't carry an LL anymore

yliu

Enlightened
I was hoping that after Leatherman bought LedLenser, they would steer them to the right direction.

Latest posts