2nd try: Thrunite Ti light. Mine lost it's Firefly mode. Anybody know why?

eternity

Newly Enlightened
I picked up one of those Thrunite Ti $5 specials from a couple of months ago. I've been using it fairly regularly, but now the firefly mode seems to have disappeared. When I screw down the head, it goes straight to Hi mode. Anybody know what happened and how to fix it? Thank you. :)

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think there's a little brass flap that you need to bend up towards the battery, over tightening the head may have caused it to flatten

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think there's a little brass flap that you need to bend up towards the battery, over tightening the head may have caused it to flatten

This is correct. It's right in the center where the positive button of the battery makes contact. Gently lift up on it to straighten it back to parallel and re-establish the ever-so-tiny gap.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
This light has become my EDC. It's kinda funny, considering all the lights I own. I picked one up around Thanksgiving 2011 and it's been in my pocket ever since. On a fresh AAA the thing is plenty bright for most tasks, has good throw. The firefly mode is perfect for around the house a night, checking on the kids, etc. I find I have to clean the threads from time to time as it gets a bit gummed up. It's been through the washer and drier a couple times and it's still going. Even when the AAA's are run down and it's putting out 20 lumens or less it's still plenty useful. Wish we saw more lights with this UI.

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
This light has become my EDC. It's kinda funny, considering all the lights I own. I picked one up around Thanksgiving 2011 and it's been in my pocket ever since. On a fresh AAA the thing is plenty bright for most tasks, has good throw. The firefly mode is perfect for around the house a night, checking on the kids, etc. I find I have to clean the threads from time to time as it gets a bit gummed up. It's been through the washer and drier a couple times and it's still going. Even when the AAA's are run down and it's putting out 20 lumens or less it's still plenty useful. Wish we saw more lights with this UI.

You must have gotten the Ti with the 3L mode and not the firefly mode, because I think it would be tough to walk around the house rounding up the kids and all, as its only like .2 lumens or so. I have 3 of the 3 lumen models, and I can see my way around at night with it, but my SC600 has a .2L mode, and Its good for looking for a remote on the nightstand beside you, but not much else.

fnj

Enlightened
You must have gotten the Ti with the 3L mode and not the firefly mode, because I think it would be tough to walk around the house rounding up the kids and all, as its only like .2 lumens or so. I have 3 of the 3 lumen models, and I can see my way around at night with it, but my SC600 has a .2L mode, and Its good for looking for a remote on the nightstand beside you, but not much else.

Your night vision must be in real crappy shape if you can't walk around in pitch darkness and check on the kids (not "round them up") with 0.3 lumens or less. The SC600 is actually 0.1, not 0.2, and it can easily throw a usable spot all the way on the opposite end of the room. The Firefly Ti is 0.04 lumens, and even that is very usable. I have an H502 that is COMPLETELY unfocused with a 120 degree spread with no hot spot at all. The lowest is 0.01, and yeah, THAT is getting pretty dim, at least for a 65 y.o. :sssh: But the next setting is 0.06, and even with the pure flood that is usable in complete darkness. Now all this is for dark adapted eyes, not immediately after turning the lights out! Yeah, when you're not dark adapted everyone needs more than that.

I hasten to add that at times in my life, my night vision was completely gone. Vitamin A really seriously does work - like MAGIC. You take an A-tab a day for a couple of weeks and BANG - the difference is incredible. After the vision comes back you don't have to take them very often at all.

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
No, it's the firefly mode. I have the Quarks with the 0.2L moon mode, and the firefly is noticeably dimmer. With the XP-E it focuses those lumens pretty well so I find I can see a lot with it when operating in darkness. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD