Have you owned a SureFire?

Have you owned a SureFire

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

shado

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's been a few years and a bunch of lights since I started collecting. After reading a thread this evening it occured to me, I've never owned a SureFire. Have you?

shado

Flashlight Enthusiast
I tried to buy a Fury 500 last year from a dealer, but they wouldn't ship outside the USA :confused: The same thing happen when I tried to buy an A2 in the marketplace :shakehead

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got a bunch of SureFires. I have never had one fail. Yea, I've modded them too.

Edit: Everyone has an incandescent lamp fail from time to time.

Last edited:

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
:ironic:

There's some good models out there you might like. Especially if you get 'em used; get a heck of a light for not a lot of money.

I'm sure there are but mostly, the only way to get the UI and emitters that I prefer are to buy customs or get lights modded - and in that case I prefer customs.

Most Surefires I see are designed for CR123 primaries, and they cost $10 EACH where I live. The ones that use rechargeables don't offer me anything I can't get for less money, or in a more attractive host (really, I don't find many of them very attractive)

There will be those that will tell me that they're unbreakable and all that jazz, but I beat the living crap out of my Tri-EDC and it's holding up nicely, thanks for asking.

nbp

Flashaholic
I tried to buy a Fury 500 last year from a dealer, but they wouldn't ship outside the USA :confused: The same thing happen when I tried to buy an A2 in the marketplace :shakehead

Todd, if you ever need a shipper in the US for something you want on the MP, I'd be happy to help if I can. You helped me out when I was looking for that McLux III-T, the most treasured light of my collection. I can easily forward a package to you if you want to try out a Surefire at some point. :)

Chowderhead72

Newly Enlightened
I just bought my first non surefire last week....... I only have an old school e2d (Incan) and a G2led. I am hoping my new Sunwayman stuff isn't a huge let down.

The beauty of surefire is that once you get sick of it you can sell and recoup a much larger percentage of your original expense, try that with a three year old XXXXfire.... Dumpster food!

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's been a few years and a bunch of lights since I started collecting. After reading a thread this evening it occured to me, I've never owned a SureFire. Have you?

Yeah, E2E. Great light but it doesn't shine so long, single level and the bulbs burn out... Oh and I wore the rubber off the switch over the years.

Last edited:

shado

Flashlight Enthusiast
Todd, if you ever need a shipper in the US for something you want on the MP, I'd be happy to help if I can. You helped me out when I was looking for that McLux III-T, the most treasured light of my collection. I can easily forward a package to you if you want to try out a Surefire at some point. :)

Thank you for the kind offer :wave:

SoCalDep

Newly Enlightened
I had a C2 and M2, and older G2. I traded the C2, sold the M2, and gave the G2 as a gift. I purchased a Surefire Z2 for a low light training class over ten years ago...I upgraded it with a P60L when those came out, and it currently has a Lumens Factory H-CRI drop-in. Love it! In fact, I've worn the checkering off the tailcap...It's smooth now.

Besides the Z2, I currently have the following:

E2e
6P Gunmetal with P60L
9P with Lumens Factory Drop-In
G2 with Solarforce bezel and Green LED drop-in
G2X Tactical
LX2 Lumamax

I also had an X200 that I reluctantly sold to a friend, an X300 that I sold because I acquired another one, and I have a third issued to me by my employer. Thousands and thousands of rounds and they are all still perking along just fine.

A Fury Tactical and KX2C head for my E2e are in my fairly near future.

T45

Enlightened
3 6Ps, 2 Black and 1 Gun Metal
1 G2, Black
1 M3 with a Malkoff LD10
1 E2L
1 9P with a M31L running on 2 Lithium AAs and a M2 Head

Dr. Strangelove

Enlightened
Right now I'm down to my Dream Team, three Fury's, two E1Bs and a Saint. Recently I decided to sell all my shelf queens so I've sold or gifted about a dozen more.

My wife uses the light that started it all, a G2 that I later upgraded with a KX4.

Fortunately, there's a camping store near me that sells Surefire 123s for $1 each. I always have about 50 floating around the house.

lightfooted

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm sure there are but mostly, the only way to get the UI and emitters that I prefer are to buy customs or get lights modded - and in that case I prefer customs.

Most Surefires I see are designed for CR123 primaries, and they cost $10 EACH where I live. The ones that use rechargeables don't offer me anything I can't get for less money, or in a more attractive host (really, I don't find many of them very attractive)

There will be those that will tell me that they're unbreakable and all that jazz, but I beat the living crap out of my Tri-EDC and it's holding up nicely, thanks for asking.

Yeah the branded primaries are expensive around here as well...which is why I went rechargeable and began using 17670s in mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts