"The Destroyer" green drop-in?

ghentry

Newly Enlightened
I currently use "The Destroyer" from Sniper Hog Lights for hunting. I have the red LED version, however, I'd also like the option of using green. I contacted them asking if they sold a drop-in unit or a green head and they do not. Does anyone know of a drop-in that would work with this light?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/ghentrymks/DestroyerFlashlight.jpg

Your image is too large and has been replaced with a link. Please resize and repost.
See Rule #3 If you post an image in your post, please downsize the image to no larger than 800 x 800 pixels. - Thanks Norm

Last edited by a moderator:

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks similar to the Ultrafire C8 type lights, do its probably a threaded pill and not a dropin.

ghentry

Newly Enlightened
Looks similar to the Ultrafire C8 type lights, do its probably a threaded pill and not a dropin.

You are correct. It is threaded. Does that mean I'm out of luck?

Led1.jpg

Led2.jpg

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
there are plenty of cpf members who could mod it for you if you don't feel up to the task and really make it unique to your tastes :D

Pacecar

Newly Enlightened
Seems like you have the "early" edition of the Sniper Destroyer if you can screw in/out the module. The later, better Destroyer editions are "permanently" installed modules. You might wish to look at the LightMalls green UniqueFire HS-802 (sku M0310), which is the same light as the early edition Destroyers.

Tiresius

Enlightened
See if you can find someone to mod it for you with a cree XB-D green. Though, I have no idea how much it'll cost you and who.

lightfooted

Flashlight Enthusiast
Or you could purchase a Solarforce host and a green drop in. Lighthound has them both.

ghentry

Newly Enlightened
Seems like you have the "early" edition of the Sniper Destroyer if you can screw in/out the module. The later, better Destroyer editions are "permanently" installed modules. You might wish to look at the LightMalls green UniqueFire HS-802 (sku M0310), which is the same light as the early edition Destroyers.

I guess that would be why EWT and Sniper Hog Lights no longer sell the modules by themselves anymore. the HS-802 definitely looks like the same body. Do you have any idea if the module is the same quality and brightness?

Pacecar

Newly Enlightened
I bought the red HS-802 from LightMalls. It was exactly like the early edition Sniper Destroyer with removeable modules (the same throw, with a dark artifact in the focused beam... that's why Sniper "improved" the Destroyer to get rid of the artifact.
The EWT Kill Light is the same as the UniqueFire HS-801 (not 802). I bought the green one thru AliExpress - google YA0006G. If you can afford the $46 (free shipping), I would recommend the YA0006G.