Just pulled the trigger on a Crelant 7G5 V2!

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd been thinking about buying a dedicated thrower for some time now, and when I saw that MD-Lightsource had the 7G5 V2 on sale for $71.99 I could resist no longer. This will be my second high quality light, with a Zebralight SC60 being my EDC. I'm so stoked for it to get here :party:

Tiresius

Enlightened
Don't forget about the optional collimator head...It brings the lux from 40k to 80k. Not very useful for walking though, IMO

Tiresius

Enlightened
You'll love the light. Just don't put 2xIMR cells into it. The light isn't designed for it. It risks the chance of frying the board because of the high amount of heat produced by them as opposed to just 2 regular 18650's.

Have fun with it :D

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe at some point, I can't afford it right now:whistle:

The collimator head's worth it! If you want a more dedicated XML thrower. When I got mine, I ended up using it more than the regular reflector head, however, you have to always remember there is hardly any spill to this. Just one beam of light cutting through the night. Its lux reaches in the 90k range i believe. You can light up distant objects better than just being lightly illuminated using the regular head.

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
You'll love the light. Just don't put 2xIMR cells into it. The light isn't designed for it. It risks the chance of frying the board because of the high amount of heat produced by them as opposed to just 2 regular 18650's.

Have fun with it :D

I use IMR 18350's in it. (2pcs) Its operating temperature is just about the same as running it off two 18650's. You may not get the same fantastic runtimes like on 18650's but the two 18350's makes you take advantage of the light's max power in its shorter form. As compared to running it off just one 18650. Its running it off 16340's and smaller which heat up fast when using the light in "shorty" mode. :)
img3286lk.jpg

Tiresius

Enlightened
If you're going to get collimator head.
Change aspheric lens to DX 66-67mm.
DX lens quality is better.

I have them both.

Are the intensity the same or different? I'm not complaining about mines. The lens seems spotless aside from the dust during assembly.

Tiresius

Enlightened
I use IMR 18350's in it. (2pcs) Its operating temperature is just about the same as running it off two 18650's. You may not get the same fantastic runtimes like on 18650's but the two 18350's makes you take advantage of the light's max power in its shorter form. As compared to running it off just one 18650. Its running it off 16340's and smaller which heat up fast when using the light in "shorty" mode. :)

Saabluster blew his using 2xIMR cells. I noticed that it gets a lot hotter than 2x16340 or 2x18650. I'll play it safe.