Oveready bored 6p & 18650s

MagicDot

Newly Enlightened
Recently I bought an Oveready bored out 6p and when I tried to use the Tenergy 18650's I had I noticed they fit very snugly.. Should I be worried? I bought the Tenergys when I bought my Sunwayman v20c and they drop in there without a problem. I know everyone seems to favor the AWs, but these are just what I happened to have as the Sunwayman was the first light I bought that I could play with the 18650's..

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
does "fit very snugly" mean the cell goes in?
Then its ok, as there will be no cell rattle ...

PS: imho the most important thing to a 6P (after overready's mod and a McKlicky) is overready's bezel ring.
Without it, the thin lip of the bezel will be bent immediately, making changing/opening the font glass (the main reason for "inventing" that "upgrade" to be able to change the glass) difficult to impossible
Think of adding one

MagicDot

Newly Enlightened
does "fit very snugly" mean the cell goes in?
Then its ok, as there will be no cell rattle ...

PS: imho the most important thing to a 6P (after overready's mod and a McKlicky) is overready's bezel ring.
Without it, the thin lip of the bezel will be bent immediately, making changing/opening the font glass (the main reason for "inventing" that "upgrade" to be able to change the glass) difficult to impossible
Think of adding one

Yep. It goes in. To get it out I'll have to pull the head off and push it from the other side though. I just didn't know how flaky the PCB electronics down the side of the battery was.. it's not like I shaved the outer labeling/insulation off or anything.

Oh. I went the whole way: Custom HA, McKlicky, and SS bezel ring. I'm already sitting on an Oveready shopping basket with a trit-slotted crenelated bezel and a a19 extender... ..just need to check the 'ol "f*ck it" back account..

Moddoo

Flashlight Enthusiast
snug is good for most people.
The tenergy cells do not have any portion of the label that you want to remove.

A nice neodymium magnet can help pull the cell out without removing the head.

MagicDot

Newly Enlightened
A nice neodymium magnet can help pull the cell out without removing the head.

I suppose you sell them as well? ;-)

Great product and service BTW. I used to have a 6P back in the day before it was cool and have missed it. Glad I found your place.. ..my wallet isn't, but I am.

MagicDot

Newly Enlightened
:wtf: Was there a time when the 6P wasn't cool :)

Lol. I dunno when it was invented, but I had just started working as a techie in a theatre around 1990-91 and everyone used Mags.. ..my grandfather was a sheriff at the time and he gave me my first 6P. When I fired it up the first time in the theatre and shone it up into the light grid, everyone's mini-mags on stage shriveled up like so many man-packages in a polar bear swim club, one could hear it.. I carried it for another 10 years probably.. ..then someone stole it.

I'm just rediscovering it I guess. I've been using Streamlight since the old 6p because I couldn't keep affording to feed it 123's.. But with the LED drop-ins and Oveready's bored out hosts, I can go back to my old favorite.

välineurheilija

Enlightened
I use two 6P:s one with Solarforce xml dropin and the other with a DX Cree r5 dropin and i use Eagletac 16340 batteries in both :)

ledmitter_nli

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the bored C2 and my redilast 18650's fit perfectly - almost air tight :D. I like em that way. No rattling.

Just use some downward momentum and shake the battery out.

Mikeg23

Enlightened
yellow;4006068imho the most important thing to a 6P (after overready's mod and a McKlicky) is [B said:
overready's bezel ring[/B].
Without it, the thin lip of the bezel will be bent...

Well I just got my first overready today on the mail and now your making me wish I would have done that. I'm very happy with my purchase though. It is so much nicer than the dremeled 6P I've been carrying for years!

Last edited:

kengps

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've used half a dozen brands, including AW, and the Tenergy's were the only ones that were tight. I had one batt that wouldn't go in at all.

aggie113

Newly Enlightened
Can't wait to do this and more for my old but trusty 6P. Tons of great ideas on this site.