PT40 bulb

Herk

Newly Enlightened
Just put a KPR103 into the PT40 and it's pretty impressive. Thanks for all the information at CPF to help a newbie try to figure things out. Next, the Maglite 2C, 3X123, KPR 112. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I yanked the halogen bulb that came with mine, and put a Koehler-Brightstar PR4-LED (6 volt) bulb in. Perfect for my purposes.

Different philosophy about lights with me. I prefer longer runtime and LED.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Best way to use a kpr103 is to use NimH batteries. I have popped a couple 103 so far on 4 alkalines.

I use a M*g Magnum Star Xenon 4 cell bulb in my TEC40. It's brighter than stock, but not as bright as 103. Should be quite robust though!

Nimh are kinda hard to use in an older TEC 40 do to the way batts connect at the bottom. New ones either do or will soon use springs down there.

TOB9595

Enlightened
Way to go Herk
The mag 2c will have you hopping.

The flashoholic virus is already spreading
Tom

Unicorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
PlayboyJoeShmoe said:
I use a M*g Magnum Star Xenon 4 cell bulb in my TEC40. It's brighter than stock, but not as bright as 103. Should be quite robust though!

Nimh are kinda hard to use in an older TEC 40 do to the way batts connect at the bottom. New ones either do or will soon use springs down there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just tried to use some Nimh in mine, and found that out. I just bought my Tec-40 from REI last week so no springs have been added yet unless it was NOS. I've also decided to stick with the Mag 4 cell Magnum star bulbs. It's brighter, and has a much cleaner beam than the stock bulb. I'm also fairly certain that it will have a nice long lifespan, important if I end up using it for the reason I bought it.

Warric

Newly Enlightened
i replaced the stock bulb with Pelican 242 MityLite 4AA Xenon Lamp, and i'm very happy. i can'y find mag-num star in Singapore, so i try Pelican. the beam is beautiful and whiter. anyone try this bulb before?