D25 emitters

ScaryFatKidGT

Enlightened
I see eagle tac lists the S2 available for both the regular and Ti D25 lights but who sells them? Also has anyone modded a 219 into a D25C? Will using a li-ion fry the LED? and how bright is it?

And what color temp are the T6 XM-L's?? I thought T5 was the highest binned NW at like 5000k?

Last edited:

UpstandingCitizen

Enlightened
I see eagle tac lists the S2 available for both the regular and Ti D25 lights but who sells them? Also has anyone modded a 219 into a D25C? Will using a li-ion fry the LED? and how bright is it?

And what color temp are the T6 XM-L's?? I thought T5 was the highest binned NW at like 5000k?

I think you might be confusing the XP-G S2 with the newer XP-G2 emitter. The XP-G S2 lights are in the current production lights and are available from any retailer that sells ET products.

ScaryFatKidGT

Enlightened
I think you might be confusing the XP-G S2 with the newer XP-G2 emitter. The XP-G S2 lights are in the current production lights and are available from any retailer that sells ET products.
Not from illumination gear or goinggear?only XM-L U2, T6 and XP-G R4.

Tiresius

Enlightened
I don't think any companies will mod that light with a 219. You'll have to buy the light and have someone swap out the emitter.

ScaryFatKidGT

Enlightened
I don't think any companies will mod that light with a 219. You'll have to buy the light and have someone swap out the emitter.
Yeah thats the plan but what model (D25C[2] or D25A[2]) would be the brightest without wrecking the LED

And does anyplace have the S2's? or are they not out yet or is the manufacturer behind?

Tiresius

Enlightened
Yeah thats the plan but what model (D25C[2] or D25A[2]) would be the brightest without wrecking the LED

And does anyplace have the S2's? or are they not out yet or is the manufacturer behind?

You'll have to ask some of the custom modders about the max amperage the 219 can handle. If it cannot handle pass 2a, get the XPG model. The driver in the XML puts out 2.5a at high.

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh great, now ET is suing Cree?? :nana:

Seriously though, can't wait for the D25LC2 with an XP-G2. It should be amazing with that reflector.

Damn you auto correct.

The XP-G2 should work well with the D25LC2.

Vortus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pretty sure modders would have an easy time of it, as the led looks like its easy to get to in the D series. At least the Ti ones, don't have an aluminum one to take apart. But the bezel screws off, giving you a lens, oring, and the little reflector.