Help with penlight details please :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terrasolo

Newly Enlightened
Hello everyone.

I have a request for help from anyone who would be willing or able to do so for myself and a group of film prop collectors.

Basically I am a fan of the science fiction show Doctor Who and like to collect various prop replicas from the show, most notably the tool used by the Doctor known as the Sonic Screwdriver.

Over the years there have been a few different versions of this device and the only one not in our collections is the one used by the Second Doctor, Patrick Troughton. His particular version of the Sonic Screwdriver was nothing more than an old penlight. It was the first version of this tool ever used in the show.

Recently the item was found out to be an Ever Ready Penlight that looks like this one:
penlight.jpg

The color of the end cap was even confirmed by Frazer Hines, an actor who worked on all but one episode with Patrick Troughton.

You can see the penlight in use in the show here:
ScreenShot2011-12-11at120521PM.png

Since the discover of which penlight they used we have found out that these penlights are extremely rare, so what I would like to do, if possible, is find someone willing to take detailed pictures and measurements of theirs so that we could have them reproduced as prop replicas.

Now, when I say reproduced, I do not mean in every exacting detail. These WILL NOT be made so that anyone would think they are original or vintage.
-There will be no Ever Ready logo on our replica. I see no need for that.
-The internals will use modern LEDs
-The end cap will be made out of metal that has been anodized or more likely powder coated blue.
-The Body will be aluminum or stainless steel depending on which is stronger for the project.

The goal here is not to pass off copies as the real thing, but rather for us to be able to have this rare item in our prop collections without having to resort to ebay for the real rare items which takes them away from collectors such as yourselves. We really just want to complete our Sonic Screwdriver collections and replicas are the best way for us to do it.

To give you an idea of what we are doing here is my current Sonic Screwdriver Collection:

sonics.jpg

Every one of these in this picture is a replica made by one of two people I trust to make them. The one on the far right is a toy however, soon to be upgraded. Basically these represent every Sonic Screwdriver in the show (various paint jobs aside) with the exception of the penlight pictured above.

So that's it, sorry for the long winded post, but I want to make our intentions clear in the hopes that someone here may be willing to help us out.

Thanks for reading.

-Brian

Straker

Newly Enlightened
Holy crap! I've been looking for one of those for years! D: It's why I came to this forum. I had no idea it was a prop on Doctor Who ;__; Now I REALLY want one! If you guys ever manage to replicate one I'll take one for sure.

Empath

Flashaholic
Please post your wishes to the Classifieds of the MarketPlace, as suggested by LEDninja.

Non-commercial discussion of the props may be discussed in our "Beyond Flashlights" categories, here on CPF. The topic, as an appeal for the parts and/or modification services, here, is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.