Fenix LD20 R5 output issues

cplusplus

Newly Enlightened
The light flickers from low to high and high to low output chronically when it's on. I tried new batteries, but it still flickers. I tried cleaning the contacts and tightening the tailcap. The light isn't overheating. Anyone experience the same problem? How do you fix it?

GunnarGG

Enlightened
I tried cleaning the contacts and tightening the tailcap.

Maybe a stupid question, but do you mean tightening the retaining ring inside the tailcap or only tightening the tailcap on the body?
If the latter make sure the retaining ring is tight inside the tailcap.

yliu

Enlightened
Only when it's on turbo mode.

I think it's some kind of failure. On turbo mode (head tightened) there should be only 2 modes, turbo and strobe. You are light is switching light outputs from low, med, high to turbo even tough the head is tightened.

So that leads me to the conclusion that's it's the electronics that are not working properly.

What batteries you used?NiMh, Alkaline, Carbon Zinc, Lithium?

pizza8guy888

Newly Enlightened
I used to have an LD20 r4 version (gave it away as a gift). At one point I had a similar problem. It was mentioned above to try tightening the retaining ring inside of the tailcap. Sometimes these get loose and it causes problems such as the one you describe. Give it a try and maybe you will luck out. Tightening this retaining fixed my problem in the past.

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Try using a paper clip between the negative battery contact and the edge of the battery tube to isolate whether the problem is the clicky or not.