busted!!!!!!!.loose lips sink ships!

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast
If the lady does it right that mechanic will NEVER work a dealers shop the rest of his life and she will be driving a new cobra to replace that one and probably have free service with that dealer forever if she trusts them anymore.

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Talk about one idiot royally ticking off thousands of people! Word sure does get around fast, don't it? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I just read about the guy who got bad vibes from that dealership and heeded them.

For what idiots like him do, there is a law: Unauthorized use of a Motor Vehicle.

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow... I wonder what ended up happening. (Didn't make it to the end of the 15 page thread.) Looks like I have a little reading for the weekend. I've had problems with dealerships (and an entire brand of car) but nothing like this.

-Mike

Darkcobra

Enlightened
I've read a little bit of the thread.
- The mechanic was definately fired and has been branded the biggest moron of all times.
- The dealer will not doing anything else for the Lady.
- She is now consulting lawyers to see what else can be done.
I would've hoped that the dealer could have at least given her an extended warranty or something. . .

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
or a new cobra? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

TOB9595

Enlightened
HMMMMM
I think it looks a bit contrived.
The mechanic now has in his avatar "exford mechanic"
I've seen this on rare occassions.
But I guess I'm just a "doubting Tom"
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'm sure that mechanics do this tho. I may also, given the chance.
Why was this abuse? Hi perf car and all that?
Tom

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i tell my dad not even to get his oil changed at a shop i dont trust no one,i do all the repairs for my family im not realy a mechanic but i have no complaints yet it just takes me a bit a time

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
if that was done to my car the idiot wouldnt be able to get a job fixing lawn mowers after i spread the word.

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
That thread was closed, as the owner retained an attorney, and a new thread was opened for discussion. In the new thread, it was mentioned that a settlement was reached to Her satisfaction.

TOB9595, Apparently you cannot understand that it is another person's property, the idiot in question did this out of spite, AND for the fact that the owner of the car is a Woman. Further, it was a NEW car in the breakin period. Had she done this, the warranty would have been voided.

The fact that a vehicle is in the dealership or shop for service, does NOT give the right for jerks to joyride in it and abuse it!!!!!

Also note the fact that tens and tens of thousands of owners of all kinds of vehicles, from all over the world rallied around her in outrage.

If you had a brand new or no longer made and highly collectable vehicle, would you want the mech/tech abusing YOUR vehicle?? I think NOT.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
200fr said:
RATT sings that song"loose lips sink ships"

[/ QUOTE ]

"I like the way you move those lips".

I'm a 40 year old Ratt fan.

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
I remember seeing a special on Vallet's (sp?) taking people exotic car's for joy rides a while back. I think it was a 60 minutes special or the like. Anyone else remember it?

-Mike

bigmikey

Newly Enlightened
I remember seeing that, if it is the same one I am thinking of, they had hidden cameras in the cars, it showed the valets, just taking the cars on the streets, peeling out, steeling change and things from the car, if I ever caught someone, doing something like that to my car, or just seeing someone them do that to some one elses car, they probably would be on crutches /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif, I hate people that dont have respect for other peoples things, I never ever, let anyone drive my cars, they dont care about them, because if something breaks, its not there car, why should they care. Just my 02 cents..

brightnorm

Flashaholic
I wonder how this individual would react if his girlfriend went for a flu shot and the doctor took her for a "test drive"?

Brightnorm

K-T

*Moderator*
My dad had this -sort of - happen to his car while it was at the dealer for a checkup. I guess whenever some people see rare sports cars with huge engines and lots of power they lose controll over themselfs and don't think about the consequences and as a result act rather stupd. My dad writes down the mileage every time he hands over the car - when he got it back, it had about 35miles down. The tank was full, nevertheless the guy who did the maitenance had a hard time explain why a short testdrive after some repair was 35miles long. Nobody knew if he was kicking the car over the highway or just cruising, we assumed the first case to be more realistic. The whole thing was rather hairy for them to handle since he was/is a longtime customer and known around. He was against firing the guy but expected lots of upgrades and special deals and these promises were kept. Kind of a happy end.

Blikbok

Enlightened
Usually, when one drops are car off at the garage, there is a form outlining many pertinent facts (such as the right to a mechanic's lein on the vehicle for non-payment). Almost always it gives the mechanic a specifically limited permission from the owner to drive the car on public roads for the sole purpose of diagnosis or testing a repair.
All the one's I've seen are carefully worded, and do not give permission for joyrides.

Wolfen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree with chamenos, brightnorm what an analogy!!!!!!!!!!!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif